Chapter 13

The smell of damp rain and dirt fills the air. A chilly breeze swings by, swaying the green trees back and forth. I've always loved nature, I just hate insects. I never planned on being stranded in a forest, but then again I didn't plan on being kidnapped either.

My mind drifts back to the time I ran out of the hospital. When I ended up in the woods, and I wished to be at my grandma's house, I opened my eyes, and there I was. I could leave them all behind and go back, but part of me wants to stay. Part of me knows I have to.

"Where exactly is here?" I ask Jackson, who's still in front of me making sure I got down okay. "A forest," he says with a smirk. Yeah, I couldn't tell, I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Blood moon Forest." He adds. "Okay," I say, still not knowing exactly where we are. I've only been in the woods once, so im a bit clueless.

"Why are we here?" I ask stepping forward, so he is not in front of me anymore. "We're hiding out. It's complicated." He says, walking alongside me.

"We already got the tents set up, and the fire. I wanted to let you sleep, so we did most of the work." He says. "Oh, you didn't have to do that. I could've helped." I say. "I know, but I didn't want to wake you up." He says.

"Finally, I thought you guys left or something." Joy pitches in.

As we get closer to her and Lucifer I see the tents they have set up, as well as the fire. There are two tents across from each other, the fire is off to the side.

"They probably were doing something," Lucifer smirks. "Shut up," Jackson says aggressively, as Joy rolls her eyes.

I'd rather not get into this right now. "There are only two tents," I say turning to Jackson. "Yeah, we only had enough time to get two. You can share one with me, and Joy and Lucifer can share the other," He says.

I could feel my hands start to sweat, im sharing a tent with Jackson. Great. "Hey, if you don't want to share a tent with him I will gladly trade you." Joy says smiling as she passes by me, playing with a piece of her hair while her eyes lock with Jackson.

"I'm good," I say back. "More fun for me," I add looking directly at her. Although I didn't mean anything by it, I could tell from the smile that crossed Jackson's face that he might think something different. I just wanted to piss her off, mission accomplished.

I heard her mumble something as she walked away, but I didn't say anything. I hate drama, so im going to try to stay away from it.

Though, I find it funny that we got the smaller tent compared to theirs.

I'm glad the tents aren't those small cramped ones, they are the big ones, like the ones you can stand up in. This is good because that means we have a good amount of room and space.

I walk into our tent and get comfortable. I didn't realize how big it was until I stepped inside. There's a small black couch, in the corner, and one of those blow-up beds in the middle. It's a decent size, not huge, but not small either.

"Good tent right?" I turn around to see Jackson standing there with his arms crossed looking at me. "Yeah," I say remembering im mad at him. I mean how did I get here in the first place? Why was he helping the guy that kidnapped me?

But I guess I need to remember that he also rescued me. But he was also there watching me get tortured. It still stings from where that guy hit me.

"Listen, I think we should talk about what happened earlier," He says. His facial expression automatically turns serious, while his voice becomes gentle. His blue eyes are fixed on me, which makes things 10 times harder. "I don't know if I really wanna talk about it," I say, honestly.