Kakyoin Noriaki [Memories]

Having a hard time breathing, you dialed his home's telephone. Your hands were cold and trembling as you tried to compose yourself to type out the numbers before the tears burst and you were successful. All you need to do was wait for him to pick up.

Breathing heavily, you held the telephone close. It rang and rang. With each ring, your anxiety bubbled up.

"Y/N? Are you there?" He picked up the phone. It was silent on his side excluding your shaky breathing. He spoke again worriedly, "Hello?" Then finally, a noise came out of you. A choked sob and a whimper of his name. "Ka-kakyoin..."

"I-I... I miss them so much..."

Stinging tears slowly fell on your cheeks as you repeated it. Murmuring their names and telling him how much you missed them until strangled sobs and gibberish came from your line. Kakyoin grips the telephone, listening to your crying until it became unbearable for him.

"I'll be there in a few minutes. Please wait for me."

His lips curved further down when he arrived. He found you in the halls, sitting on the floor with the telephone on your chest in a tight hold.

It was silent and lonely in your home. Rhythmic tapping from his shoes and your ragged breathing can only be heard. During his approach, he had taken notice that you were unhealthier than usual. Face ruined with tears and heavy eyebags from sleepless nights.

"Y/n..." He calls out to you gently, afraid that if he raises his voice any higher you would shatter. But what's there to shatter when you were already broken?

"Pol... Polnareff took my place... It should've been me!" You cried. Warm tears fell like waterfalls on your face. It was hard not to break down after the incidents that occurred. "I wish I died instead... He didn't deserve it..." He kneels beside you, hands hesitating on whether to put a hand on your shoulder or not.

"N/n... Polnareff didn't deserve it but neither do you." His words fell deaf to your ears, sobbing harshly and shaking. Your hands were feeling numb from gripping the telephone too harshly but you could care less.

You were in a daze, dark thoughts and voices were in your head. A memory of Polnareff played over and over. He stood in front of you, asking you to run whilst he took care of DIO and so you did. But as you check behind you, Polnareff gets split open. His innards spilled out as well as much blood and at that time you saw the eyes of the devil, mocking you for your cowardness.

"Y/N!"

"H-huh?!" You snap back into reality. Kakyoin has his hands cupping your face and staring into your eyes with a solemn look.

"Y/n... I know it's hard... We're all going through tough times right now but I'm sure he wanted you to live to your fullest. He wants you to be happy... It's not your fault." He caresses your cheeks with his thumb, wiping the burning salty tears away and somehow he also swiped your sadness away.

"Thank you for coming and helping me through this, Nori..." You pulled him into a hug. He grunts, wincing as he taps your shoulder. "I'm still healing..." With guilt, you let go and profusely apologized to the boy for forgetting his wound and accidentally touching it.

He tells you not to fret too much about it but you can't help staring at him, eyes pooling with tears once again. "If I were a minute late I would've lost you too..." You glance at his abdomen and back to his scarred eyelids. He gives you a small smile, a contrast to your frowning and light sobbing.

"But you came for me. You saved me." Kakyoin pulls you into a hug, careful to not hit his wounded abdomen.

You continued to sob into his shoulder. Holding into his clothes with such grip, he's afraid you'll tear it apart. Getting tired, he helps you stand up and takes you to your room rather than crying all night on the cold dirty floor. By the time you arrived at the door, you regained your composure.

Reaching the bed, you tiredly laid down on the mattress. "Thank you, Nori." You softly smiled at him. The first smile you've done in a while.

"I should be saying that, Y/N." He chuckles. After that, you both basked in the comfortable silence of shared pain. Noticing your drowsy eyes, he turned on his heel, planning to head back into his home only to be stopped by your hand. You grasp his hand tightly, asking for him to stay a little while longer.

"It's not safe for an injured person to be going out so late at night... I'm sorry for making you go here..." He shakes his head, turning back around and sitting on the edge of your bed. "It's alright, Y/N. I can't bear to see and hear you sad."

Scoffing, you joked, "Sounds a bit cheesy..." Trying to lighten the mood. He agrees with a snicker. "Yeah..." And now you were met back with silence. You laid there, looking at the ceiling, thinking.

"Can you sleep with me? I just don't feel comfortable sleeping alone anymore... If you don't mind." You scooted over, patting the empty spot for him. Your bed was big enough to fit at least another more person.

He laid down facing you. "This... This reminded me of that one time when the three of us had to share a room... We talked jotaro's ear off!" You giggled along with Kakyoin, reminiscing the memory. "He got so angry at us too... By the end of it, he just slept on the floor..!" You giggled again with Kakyoin.

And so, the two of you continued to converse as a way to momentarily forget the pain in your hearts. Before you even know it, you had fallen asleep while talking with him.

You had a dreamless sleep. But I couldn't say the same for Kakyoin as he thrashed around, violently turning left and right causing you to wake up. "No-Noriaki!"

Kakyoin's eyes shot open, his cheeks stained with tears and his chest heaved up and down. "A-ah." He clutches his abdomen, looking at you apologetically. "I'm so sorry for waking you up, Y/N..."

"Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?" You brushed away his apology as you went over his leg to turn on the lights. The moment you turned on the lamp, you looked at him in horror. His shirt was stained dark red as well as his hand and his face was contorted into a mix of pain, fear, and guilt.

You rush into the bathroom to get your first aid kit, stumbling here and there out of panic. With a small tub of water and clean rag along with a first aid kit, you returned to him. You gently strip him of his shirt and cut off the stained gauze.

"Thank God the stitches didn't get messed up... Although you slightly reopened your wound... It's not too bad." His ribcage can be seen due to the lack of nutrients and the big scarring wound on his stomach made you nervous. It was such a fatal wound... But he pulled through it.

"Tell me, does it hu...-rt...." Looking up at him, he was holding his shirt. He furrows his brows with jaded eyes starting into the wall as he mutters, "He's still alive..." He stayed silent after that ominous sentence as you gently treated the wound with care and wrap it back up with fresh gauze.

While you wrapped his abdomen you realized what he was saying. "It's... Impossible... Jotaro defeated him!"

"But I saw him in my dream... He- He was coming after you..! Y...you and Jotaro..." His eyes were getting blurry, he balled his hand into a fist as he held his bloody shirt.

"I don't want to lose more..." Remembering how he comforted you earlier gave you determination. Grabbing his shoulders, you looked at him in the eye with such fierceness. "Don't worry Kakyoin, we won't lose anymore... We'll get stronger and take him head-on." You grasp his bloody hands with yours. "I promise."

Kakyoin never felt such passionate feelings emitting from you, he stared in awe and disbelief soon nodding his head and agreeing with your words. "Yeah... Yeah!" Grinning at each other like idiots.

You grabbed the damp cloth, cleaning his hands and wiping his tears. "I'll get you a new shirt and a glass of water." Slowly but progressively, you two healed and grew stronger with the help of each other.