Did I Do It?

Shoto's P.O.V

       Three hours. It's been three hours since they took her back. The moment we arrived at the hospital she was rushed off due to the irregularity of her heart beat again. It seems whatever Midoriya did back at the scene only helped temporarily. They said they wanted to monitor her more before they let anyone see her. I should have done more, if I had we possibly wouldn't have been in this position. Maybe if I had processed her story more and realized who she was fighting on the street I could have prevented her from needing to do whatever it was she did. At first the fight seemed like a way out of the Commission's scheme, but she didn't cave in the fight due to trauma. She was stronger than anticipated. 

        The shifting of a chair broke the stream of thoughts as the other occupant of the ambulance made the effort to get up for what seemed the 100th time.

       "Bakugo sit down there's no point in asking if you can see her yet. They said would let us know when she woke up." I stated hoping he would not start a fight with the poor receptionist again. Looking  over I noticed the concerned look on his face, which confused me greatly as Bakugo never shows how he is truly feeling.

       "I know IcyHot, but I can't just stand around here I need to see her." As he finished his sentence a nurse came from down the hall calling for us. We both quickly made our way towards her, and she instructed us to follow her to room 215. 

        As we were making our way there I noticed Bakugo on his phone, "I thought you wanted to see her?" I questioned.

       "I do. I just had to let Aizawa know the room number, he just got off his shift and will be here soon." He replied. I had no idea he had the time to think to text our old teacher who seemed to care for (Y/N) greatly. 

        When we entered the room the first thing I noticed were the wires everywhere. The multiple wires and breathing mask hooked up to a young hero was a saddening sight indeed. Before I could even step in the room, Bakugo had rushed and seated himself by her bedside. I made my way over to the chair on the opposite side when he began to speak.

          "You know what she told me after she got paired with you? 'I hope I can bring out more of his joy we saw our third year.' (Y/N) wanted nothing to do with this Commission business, and she sure as hell doesn't want to be stuck and tied down. However, her thoughts were on how to make you comfortable and make sure you stayed happy, because she always knew your home life was off. I don't know if she was trying to make up for your missed family experience, but she wanted the best for everyone. And this is how she was repaid. She helped everyone she could and yet no one helped her against that monster she had to fight him herself after everything."

          It didn't seem as if Bakugo was directing his little rant just at me but how unfair the world in in general. I had to admit he had a point, she was one of the most giving and caring classmates. Even when she returned after being rescued she continued to act like nothing had changed or hurt her. Now knowing her story it made him angry the way she could act so happy all the time.

"Bakugo... Did you know she could do the move she did?"

"I did. And it was stupid for her to do it." He whispered out increasing my curiosity.

"Why do you say that?"

         "Because she knew there was a 97% chance it would kill her." He finished looking straight at me. There was a short silence before he spoke again, "Listen Todoroki, I know you want nothing to do with this Commission deal, but do not take it out on her. She is willing to sacrifice everything to save one person or brighten someone's day. Do not take advantage of that. I wish they picked me so she could avoid this drama but they picked you. Please don't hurt her more than she has already been hurt." He finished seriously looking back down to the girl laying on the mattress.

"Don't worry I'll do my best." I answered him

(Y/N) P.O.V

      The first thing I could feel was what felt like a weight on my eyelids. Opening them slightly and noticing I was still alive I shot up only to stop a second later due to the pain in the rest of my body. Looking around I tried to distinguish who was hovering over me. Seeing a blonde blob along with red and white hair. Still unable to make out their faces, the figures hovering over me made me somewhat anxious.  I noticed an annoying beeping next to me that began to increase in speed for some reason. As my vision finally began to clear I heard a quiet voice call out to me.

     "Calm down (L/N) it's just us, and Aizawa will be here soon. Don't worry we are safe in a hospital it's all okay." Todoroki stated trying to bring me away from the panic I was creating for myself. I noticed the second figure was Bakugo, who for once was showing his emotions with a concerned face. 

      "Okay, I'm fine now thanks to you guys. Is everyone else okay?" I questioned trying to deter the focus from myself.

     "Everyone is fine thanks to you. Your quick thinking and ultimate move saved everyone and got those villains to stop their rampage through town." Todoroki praised. Hearing his acknowledgement of my deeds made me happy, but I could sense the brewing anger from the other figure in the room.

     "That wasn't an ultimate move, it was a final move. You are damn lucky Deku and I had thought of a way to save you if you were ever stupid enough to try and pull a stunt like that. Yet here we are after finding out our hypothesis somewhat works, because it's the only reason you made it to the hospital in time! You couldn't stall for five more minutes?! Help was on the way!" Bakugo seethed as he stared me down. I could sense Todoroki tense up next to my bed the longer Bakugo went on.

     "I know the move was stupid... I know that after the amount of times we discussed how fatal it could be. But see in that moment, there was no time for the what ifs or try and stall. I wasn't taking the chance of me or someone else being stuck in the position I was in less than a year ago! I'd rather have died from my move!" I shouted back to the hot head not even processing the words I had said.

     Todoroki seemed to be the first to recover from the shock of the sentence when he let out the quiet question of, "What? What do you mean you'd rather be dead?"

     Bakugo shortly followed that up with, "I told you that would never happen to you again so why would you even think that way in the first place! Rely on your friends please! Please don't say something like that again." 

      I was shocked to see Bakugo and Todoroki with such broken looks on their faces. I mean sure I was their classmate and friend, but at the end of the day we were all heroes and that came with a risk. I was confused to see Todoroki looking so concerned however because before the whole ordeal it seemed he wanted as little to do with me as possible. Before I could answer the boys the door room flung open and a man with messy black hair marched his way in.

     "Did I just hear what I think I heard..." Aizawa stopped at the end of the bed with a glare aimed straight at me. 

-----------------------------------

(A/N): Thanks for reading this chapter! Senior year is kicking my ass right now so I've been struggling to write but I'm doing my best, so I hope you continue to enjoy my story! Feel free to let me know if you see any mistakes or have questions this is uneditted!