The Mission Prep

(Y/N) P.O.V

   To say this past week was stressful would be an understatement. Per Shoto's request, I informed the rest of the group at the agency of the situation and new security systems were installed in our agency. However, I did not follow through on telling Katsuki or Aizawa. With the upcoming mission and wanting to give Katsuki time to sort out his thoughts I didn't want to burden him more. If I had told just Aizawa he would freak out and tell everyone around me including Katsuki, which means it would still end up getting to him. 

   Shoto and Katsuki had a field day arguing with Deku over making me team lead. Unfortunately, that information made its way back to me and well I may or may not have increased their training regiments as revenge. They apparently attempted to fight every angle but couldn't get around the fact that I was the only member in that select group employed by the agency running the mission. That was one point they couldn't argue unless they wanted to be reassigned to another group because of lack of cooperation. 

   And to say things were tense with Shoto and I after work was nowhere close the the word needed. After his little stunt got back to me I decided I would go back to formalities and treat our situation as though it was a business deal. I could see that my behavior was affecting him slightly even if he wished not to show it. I felt bad pushing him away, but he needed to understand that if our arrangement was going to be healthy and beneficial no matter how forced they needed boundaries. Respectfully, Shoto should have no say in how my professional life is  nor should he be able to directly affect my career. Katsuki was a whole problem in himself and always has been there is no way I can handle the both of them teaming up on me. I know Deku wavered on the choice due to Shoto's nature as a confident and well grounded person, if he of all people is agreeing with Katsuki I could see how someone may question their choices.

   However, all their efforts were useless as it was now the day of the mission and I'm still in charge. I was looking over the map of the building layout one last time just to make sure we didn't miss anything. Something about the location didn't make sense it seemed too easy but then again maybe that was the point, I guess we'll find out once we get there. As I was about to pull out the target's file again I heard the door to my office open. Over the last week it had become somewhat of a group office as the other three were from other agencies. I had enough room so I didn't mind at all, I looked up to notice Kaminari entering the room.

   "Good Afternoon Kaminari! Are you ready for tonight?" I asked giving a small smile.

   "Heck ya! I'm so excited, its been a hot minute since I've gone on a mission like this. The adrenaline is just something else, you know?" He chuckled slightly going to sit at the couch in my office with his stuff.

   "Oh I get that." Before I could continue I noticed our two other teammates enter the space,"Todoroki, Bakugo afternoon" I great quickly.

   "Good afternoon (Y/N). May I speak to you quickly?" I looked to Shoto in surprise seeing a slightly distressed look on his face. I decided to nod and follow him out into the hallway. I was caught off guard when he grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the end of the hall.

   "Todoroki what the hell was that?" 

   "I apologize for that action, but I'd rather not have the other two listening into our conversation" Shoto explained as he managed to back me into a wall, "There now that you can't run away tell me why you have been acting they way you have lately."

   I knew exactly what he was getting at but there was no way I was apologizing or letting him get away with his attitude easily. "I'm not sure what you are talking about Todoroki, now if you'll excuse me we should be prepping for-"