Let's Get This Mission Started

(Y/N) P.O.V

After looking through the files for the mission a little more it still seemed as though a motive was missing. It was almost like one day this guy just woke up and snapped. Nothing about the situation seemed clear, but maybe there was more information than what was shared in this file they may be waiting to share it in a briefing because it's not solid info yet. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door and the sound of it opening. I looked up to see Kiri enter through the door.

"Hey Red. Did you need something?" I asked, it was unlike Kirishima to really be around the office as he preferred being in the field, and even less likely for him to come up to someone's office instead of just texting them.

"Yah actually, we are having a briefing in 10 about the new mission. We're working with Power House Agency on this one just so you know." He gave me a smile knowing we both normally love partnering with them. However, due to recent events I was a little more than nervous about having Best Jeanist's old agency, now run by Bakugo, Kaminari, and some older heroes collabing on this one.

"Um do you know if Bakugo is on this one?" I questioned quietly.

"Uh yah he is... Is that a problem?" Kiri questioned confused.

"No necessarily the Commission is just going to be on my doorstep again after this" I chuckled at the whole situation.

"You know what that sounds like a hot mess I don't even want to make you explain if the news is anything to go by." He laughed, "I came up here just to see how you were doing with everything?"

I sighed at his concern. Kirishima has always been one of the sweetest people I've known and him coming out of his way to check on me just reminded me of how good of a person he truly is. "Oh you know just some homicidal maniac still chasing me and the Commission trying to sway a supposed love triangle in their direction right after I get home from almost dying what could be wrong." I finished with a smile.

"Oh yah what could be wrong with that sounds like a vacation to me." Kirishima laughed out keeping the situation light. Something no one else has been doing lately and it really helped me relax.

"Thanks Kiri. I really appreciate you coming to check on me." I told him before we got back to goofing off.

"Yah no problem (L/N)... Hey wanna walk down to the meeting with me?"

"Yah let's go might as well get settled before everyone rushes in at the last minute like normal."

"You got that right!"

--------------------------------

Once we reached the meeting room I was surprised to see some people already seated in there specifically from the other agency. Of course the two that caught my eye was Bakugo's annoyed face as Kaminari talked his ear off. Before I could try and sit down to avoid interacting Kirishima called out from beside me,

"Yo Bakubro! Kami! Good to see y'all here it's been awhile since we've been on a joint mission hasn't it?"

"Yah yah shut it Shitty hair I don't get why they need this many people for one guy but whatever" Bakugo grumbled.

Kaminari instantly shot up at that, "Bro did you even read the file? Come on man you're one of the only ones allowed in the field for this one. No close distance fighters are allowed. Hell, even Deku is on reserve because he prefers close range."

"Well it seems like he's chickening out to me." Bakugo scoffed at the comment.

"Katsuki, please do not pick a fight with him this time I don't have the patience." I sat down across from them knowing I was now going to have to work with them if what Kaminari said was right.