Well That's A Relief

Shoto's P.O.V

   "Icy Hot go home and shower or some shit I'll stay here until you get back." I hear a familiar grumble from the door.

   "No go check on Kaminari or something I'm staying here."

    "You're worried I get it but you know damn well she'll be pissed if she wakes up and you look like a zombie. She'll just chew you out for that instead. Plus Kirishima and Deku are with Kaminari he hasn't woken up yet easier since he just got out of surgery. He doesn't need three people there. But you need to clean up."

   "I'm not going Bakugo just leave it alone." I continue to stare at the bed instead of acknowledging him.

   "Listen Todoroki." At the use of my name instead of a stupid nickname I can't help but turn to pay attention, "I get you're worried, I am too, but how do you think she'll feel if she looks over and sees you in a blood covered hero suit looking like someone just tried to murder you. Do I have to even tell you how she'll try and jump up and fret over you instead of resting? All I'm asking is for you to run home shower change clothes and maybe eat some damn food." He finishes.

   "I get your point. But I'm not comfortable leaving her here, even if you are still here." I stood my ground, "I want to be here when she wakes up, I have some apologies to make and I want her to feel safe."

   "Listen I get that, I talked with Deku as much as I hate doing that, but the mission was a success. They got snatcher and Lemillion even managed to get Dabi, they shut down the operation and even got info about other branches. There's no immediate threat. Go. Home. This is the last time I'm asking nicely." I could tell he was getting irritated, so instead of fighting with each other like last time I decided I would cave this once. What he said was true, and I didn't want to freak her out.

   "Fine. You better be here when I get back. If I come back and find out she woke up by herself we are going to have a problem." I got up rushing out of the room without bothering to listen to his next comments. The sooner I get home the sooner I can get back.

----(Y/N) P.O.V----

    The first thing I could hear is quiet whispering and feel the bright light even with my eyes closed. I remember Shoto picking me up but not much else. I open my eyes trying to determine where exactly I am, the plain white ceiling is the first thing I notice. The next thing I see is Shoto and Katsuki eating sandwiches in the chairs near the bed but far enough away not to disturb me. I hiss as I try to shift a burning sensation beginning to spread its way back through my body.

   "Hey don't move. Let us help you if you want to sit up."

   I wasn't sure exactly who spoke as both of them were suddenly by my side helping me sit up as they adjusted the pillows behind me. I couldn't help but blurt out the first question that came to mind, "How bad is it."

   "Don't worry about that right now. Just rest for a while and please tell me if you need anything I want to help." Shoto spoke trying to switch topics.

    "No I want to know how bad it is." I insist.

    "It's bad I'll be honest. Recovery girl will be in today to get you back on your feet but uh even with that... it'll likely scar." Katsuki said bluntly. I appreciated the honesty more than he knew and I already had a feeling that what he just confirmed would be the truth. "(Y/N) I'm sorry about how things were before the mission. I have to go check on some things but I wanted to be here when you woke up. Call if you need anything, but I'm sure Icy Hot has it covered, I'll see you later." He walked out without another word.

   I looked over to Shoto only to notice he looked like he was about to cry. "Shoto what's wro-"

   "(Y/N) I'm so so sorry for everything up to this point. All I've done is make you feel like crap and that you weren't as good as some of us. Hell you're more powerful and talented than most heroes out there right now. I should have never said those things even if I was trying to keep you safe in my own weird way. It was uncalled for. I'm sorry for not being able to stop him. I promised myself I wouldn't let that happen to you again and I had to watch my failure play out right in front of me. I was so so scared when you wouldn't wake back up and that was probably my fault too the ice probably shocked your system and it's probably the reason it's going to scar I-"