Chapter Six

Luna's Perspective
We sat in the meadows as we always did. We watched the sun slowly set together every night. He held my hand and stroked my forehead with his other hand. He leaned in and kissed me. When we pulled away I could tell he had a question playing on his lips.
"When did you learn that you were the Oracle?" Roka asked me.
"When I was thirteen. I started seeing things that weren't there. I saw my aunt Rose shape shift in front of my eyes. She explained that she was a witch from where they had come from. They never talked about where they came from."
"Do you wonder why?" Roka asked.
"Yes all the time." I replied.
    "So you have witches blood in you?" Roka asked.
    "I assume so. I wish I knew about their homeland. I'm sure it holds a key to my missing magic." I replied.
    "Why did your mother keep all this from you?" He asked.
    "I don't understand it. My mother went along with my father's wishes. Magic was banned in the kingdom for a long time and we were only allowed to talk about God and Jesus." I said.
     "My family was similar. We were raised in the Celtic religion. Poetry and lyricism was very strict there." He sighed.
    "My aunt taught me a lot. I miss her sometimes. She was the first person who told me that I was powerful. I hope I don't let her down."
    "Luna! You are so powerful! You won't let her down." Roka said.
    "It's hard. She had a vision at my birthing. She heard Spirit say that I was the Oracle split across all time and that I would stop all crime. I still don't know what it means. I keep working on my magic, but my magic doesn't come like a witch's does." I sighed.
    "Maybe you aren't meant to be a witch. Maybe the Oracle means something new entirely, like when Jesus roamed the land." Roka replied.
    I gasped. He had compared me to the great Jesus. Jesus had died on the cross for our sins. I held the Messiah in high regards. He had passed through our lands a long time ago. I aspired to help people like he did, but never considered myself someone. I was just Luna. Just a warrior roaming the lands and helping where I could.
    "Heavens, no. I'm nothing like the great Jesus." I said. 
    "You are to me." He said with a smile.
    I shivered. I was afraid of dying like Jesus had. There were many kingdoms engaged in fights over religious disputes. I wanted to learn about all of the cultures and understand what the difference really was. I paid attention when the members of my group spoke about their own experiences. There were eight of them. We were all warriors who had different backgrounds. Roka was my favorite warrior. I had fallen in love with him at first sight. He was hard to get to know though. He was a quiet figure.
     "Let's head to camp." I said.
    "Let's go Jesus." He said.
     "Don't say his name in vain." I replied.
    I looked up at him. His long golden hair flowed in the wind. I was thankful I had met him. I gently pushed him. He laughed as he stumbled backwards a few feet. He rushed back to my side and grabbed my hand. We began our walk through the woods to the camp we had built. It was home to us.