Chapter Fourteen

Luna's Perspective
The message I had channeled bothered me. Was Skylar coming to find me? She somehow had a part in saving Maia too? I wondered if she was the missing link in my magic not working. Maybe she was an Oracle too.
I sat down in front of the campfire. Flames blazed brightly. The heat wavered across my skin. I relaxed and sat back on my hands. Roka's sister, Elana, joined me by the fire. Her long blonde hair accentuated her elven features.
"Roka said that you can channel Spirit. At my castle the Druids thought it was very serious to channel. They banned it from the royal family." Elana said.
"I don't know much about Spirit." I replied.
"What do you mean?" Elana asked.
"Well, I can channel for them, but I don't know who's telling me what. I've seen fairies but not others." I told her.
"Let's see if we can summon elf spirits." Elana said.
"How will I know if we have?" I asked.
"You'll know. You'll feel them. If you're lucky you'll be able to see them." She replied.
"How can I be more connected with them?" I asked.
"You can leave them offerings. I leave berries for my ancestors when I can." She said. "Back home my family was very spiritual and strict. We left offerings every Sunday on the altar."
"Can we get berries now?" I asked her.
"Of course. Let's be traditional." She replied.
We walked through the woods until we found bushes that were ripe with berries. Elana began to pick them off the branches. I followed suit and grabbed some until I had a handful.
"We'll put these on my altar." Elana said.
I followed her to her wood cabin. It stood nicely at the edge of camp. She had begged Roka and Spencer to help her build it. It was complete with a porch.
She opened the door. I wandered in. I followed her to her altar. It sat in the middle of her room. It was covered with various crystals and herbs. She turned to face me after we had set the berries on the top shelf.
"Once I leave them offerings I sit still and try to connect with them." She said.
I sat cross-legged on the floor. Elana knelt in front of me. She put her hands together. I loosely heard her start to speak in elven tongue. She stared into my blue eyes with her own. Hers were cold and icy like a winter blizzard.
"Let us speak to Spirit." She said loudly.
"What's happening?" I asked.
"I am trying to summon them. The spirits of the elves sometimes appear as little lights." She said.
I sat in silence with her. The air seemed to hum. In the corner of my eyes I began to see flickering lights. I breathed in and out. More lights began to appear. I heard the bright lights speaking Elana's language.
"Luna. They're here because of you." Elana gasped.
    "What do you mean?" I asked.
    "They're attracted to your energy. You're so powerful."
    The lights surrounded me. I surrendered to them. They washed over my body and cascaded me with light. I heard my name as they circled me.
    "Luna, what sign are you?" Elana asked.
    "I'm a Pisces, why?" I asked.
    "Your aunt was right." She gasped. "Your birth made you the Oracle. As a Pisces sun you carry all the lessons of the zodiac."
    "What does that mean? What am I capable of?" I cried out.
    "I don't know." Elana admitted. "But you hold so much light."
    As she spoke the lights shimmered around both of us. My body shook. I felt light headed as I began to see nothing but flashing lights. I felt cold air rush past me. The lights twittered like birds and disappeared.
    "With great light comes a great chase." I heard a hiss.
    Elana's eyes widened. She had heard it too.