Chapter Twelve

Luna's Perspective
My golden haired elf and I walked through the woods. We passed over our favorite trails. Roka held my hand firmly as we walked along. His brown eyes glowed in the sunlight. He watched me attentively.
"What did your aunt do to train you for your magic?" Roka asked.
"Rose would teleport me to her castle. She had a secret room with an altar and her magical tools." I started to explain.
"So you can teleport?" Roka exclaimed.
"No. Rose knows how to. I don't." I replied.
"So you could learn to teleport." Roka said.
"I suppose so." I trailed off.
"Are you still worried about your magic not happening for you right now?" He asked.
"Yes. A little." I admitted.
"Has Ann been helping you?" Roka asked.
"Yes. She said to not worry about it as much." I answered.
I felt like I wasn't skilled with herbs or healing. I didn't blame Ann for my failures under her teachings. I blamed myself. I wondered what I was doing wrong. Roka paused and ran his free hand through my hair.
"I know you'll figure it out in time." Roka said finally.
"I know, but it's one of the only things I can't figure out." I pouted.
This produced a laugh from Roka. He leaned forward and kissed me. His tongue slid against mine as he ran his hands down my body.
"Don't stress over it. Just tell me what you've done in the past with magic." He smiled.
"Sometimes Rose would have me practice throat singing to help cleanse my energetic body and align my chakras." I said.
"Did Rose teach you about chakras?" Roka asked.
"Yes," I replied, "When she visited the kingdom she would find me in the library after dinner most times. She would ask what I was learning and go over books with me. She teleported me to her altar room on my thirteenth birthday and explained that I was meant to be the Oracle."
"What did you do when you were in the altar room?" Roka asked.
"Some of it's hard to remember. She would call our secret meetings sessions. We weren't able to very much, because my family had banned magic and she wasn't allowed to just have me visit her kingdom. Some of my sessions we practiced meditation. She said it would help me focus. Some sessions I practiced throat singing and channeling. Rose said I would speak for higher realms when I was in a trance state." I said.
"Have you tried throat singing recently?" Roka asked.
"No." I replied.
I felt exhausted. The goblins had been relentless and I wanted to figure out my magic.
"You should try. I'll keep watch over you." Roka said.
I sat down in the forest. I noticed a ring of mushrooms around me. I smiled as I realized I was in a faerie ring. I had read about it in my books. I began to collect the energy in my body and propel it out of my throat. A loud growl began to come out. Eventually the sound became a peaceful vibration. I started to see small winged creatures in my peripheral vision. I smiled as I knew what they were immediately. There were fairies flying around me.
"The sky is coming home. The two sisters will save Maia." I heard myself speak.
"Wow. I wonder what that means." I heard Roka comment as if he was far away. "Who channeled that through you?"
"The fairies channeled through me." I replied. "Skylar is my sister. I wonder what that means."
I closed my eyes. I could sense energy rising through my body. My legs and arms began to tingle. I began to picture Skylar running through the woods. A laugh erupted out of me.
"What's so funny?" Roka asked.
"I saw my sister in the wilderness. I can't picture her out here." I said honestly.
"What if she is looking for you." Roka mused.
"Maybe she is." I said.
I looked over my shoulder. I wondered what my twin was doing these days. I put my hands together to pray for her. I prayed that she would be safe and that she would marry James.