Chapter Twenty

Luna's Perspective
I followed Ann's pale silhouette through the trees. I swung my basket as I walked. We were hunting for basil and witch hazel. She pointed to a bushel of rosemary. I bent down and began collecting it.
    "This can be helpful." Ann said.
    "What does it do?" I asked.
     "The acidic properties of rosemary help fight off infections." Ann answered.
     I nodded and kept collecting the rosemary. Ann set herself down next to me and helped. I looked over at her usually smiling face. She looked stern and serious.
     "How do you feel about Mozale dropping by?" I asked Ann.
    "It's strange. I don't understand her doing something nice." Ann said.
    We walked onwards. We continued to fill our baskets with herbs.
    "How do you feel about Skylar finding you?" Ann asked.
    "I should be elated right?" I said, "Well I'm not. I feel as if she wants to drag me back to princess world when she doesn't realize I was never in princess world. I've always been a warrior."
    "I understand. I wish my sister cared for my wants too." Ann replied with a sigh.
    "What do you want?" I asked out of curiosity.
    "For these damn goblins to stop attacking." She replied.
    We broke into grins then. We wandered through the forage until we had collected enough herbs. Then we headed straight to camp. The sun had started to rise high in the sky. I guessed it was noon. I wondered if Skylar was even awake yet.
    As I approached the camp I saw Skylar waiting by the campfire. She was impatiently tapping her foot. Oh no, this can't be good; I thought to myself.
    "Luna. We need to talk." Skylar said.
    "Can it wait until after breakfast?" I asked.
     "I suppose so." Skylar said with her nose in the air.
     Everyone started eating breakfast at the oak table. Skylar stared at the breakfast of mixed herbs and fried worms. Kat sat beside Skylar. I could tell this wasn't going to go well. I hid a smirk as I dug into my breakfast. She was awkward and unusual out of the castle's environment.