Chapter Seventeen

Skylar's Perspective
After about an hour we had made a decent way. At least I think it was an hour, I was bad at telling time with the moon. I groaned with frustration. Why couldn't Luna be closer? I looked up at Mozale, happily flying Bean. What if she wasn't even taking us to Luna? The thought scared me, maybe trusting an evil witch wasn't such a good idea. Mozale landed Bean on the forest floor and trees and bushes were flattened beneath the dragon. She pointed towards a thin path through the woods.

   "I'll fly above, just follow that path." She told us.

     "Bean is tired of so many people on back." Bean mumbled.

     Mozale teleported our horses back to us. I squealed in excitement as I noticed Stella had her saddle on and everything else. I eagerly brushed her fur with my hand. She was warm and soft. The dragon had been cold and harsh. I knew I could trust my horse. I looked over at James. He had an equally big smile on his face as he looked over Prince Snow.

   James led his horse onto the path first. James cursed as a branch whacked him in the face. I ducked quickly. The path was thin and at first Stella had refused to enter. I breathed a sigh of relief when the path widened and Stella relaxed. Then I stared at two trails. Mozale said nothing about a fork in the road. James pointed towards the wider trail on the left. I nodded. This trail was easier to travel on. We rode on. The trail ended at a village. Cautiously James and I entered the village. Maybe this was the wrong path, I thought. A small boy dressed in rags bowed to me.

   "Luna, hello." the small boy said.

   "My name is Princess Skylar, and this is Prince James." I told the small boy.

     I felt my spine tingle as I realized that if he had thought I was Luna, then she must be around here. I wondered what that sense was. It must've been a muscle that needed to be cracked. I missed having my masseuse back home. I needed someone to work on my back quickly. I wondered if the village had a masseuse.

   "This village doesn't like royals." the small boy replied.

   He turned and ran into a muddy hut. Mozale and Bean landed in the village. Mozale scowled at us. I wondered if we had chosen the wrong path. 

   "I told you to follow the trail! Didn't you notice the fork in the road! I was waving for you to go right!" she yelled. "Well, since you're in Freedom Village, why don't you go get a bath and go shopping in the stores."

    She rolled her eyes and leaned back onto Bean's neck. The sun began to rise. It flowed golden rays across my face. I could see rainbows in the rays. I could tell Mozale had anticipated watching the sunrise. She sat there with a relaxed face.

   "Actually, we can't." I told her, "We don't have any money."

   "Fine." Mozal growled.

    She raised her hands like she was Midas. Gold flung from her fingertips. James collected a handful as villagers started to chase down the gold coins. I looked at Mozale for guidance.

"You'll need to leave your horses at the inn, the path on the right is too small for them." Mozale said.

    I felt reluctant to leave Stella again. I had just gotten her back. Mozale closed her eyes. She was so quick to just shut down whenever it seemed that she sensed my emotions. James scooped up more of the gold. The biggest building in the muddy village was the inn. A man with long ginger hair greeted us inside of the lobby.

   "How much shall we pay for two nights here and having two horses?" Prince James asked him.

   "Royals." the man muttered and eyed the gold coins. "Two gold coins."