Chapter Eight

Luna's Perspective
    I rushed up the ladder to my treehouse. The moon had risen high. I had scrapes on my knees. They were remnants of the day. I had spent it battling away goblins. When I climbed up I slid onto the straw filled mattress I had. I was exhausted. Roka climbed up the treehouse after me. He kissed me on the forehead as he settled down next to me.
    "Those damn goblins won't stop." Roka sighed.
     "That's the problem with goblins." I replied.
    Goblins were small three foot tall creatures. They were mean nasty creatures that raided everywhere they went. They had recently found our campsite and the town nearby. I sighed. It was a headache to deal with. The townspeople wanted help with repairs and to feel safe again. The goblins had tried to steal our food today. I clenched my fist. It made me angry. I had worked hard for the food I had collected. I heard Roka begin to snore.
    I looked out the window. The full moon smiled at me. An aura of rainbow colors seemed to hang around the moon. I sat up on my mattress. I started to breathe in and out. I waited for my thoughts to settle down. Tonight my head was streaming with words. I slowly began to count my breaths.
     In the silence I began to focus on my energy. I felt as if I radiated with power as I felt my arms begin to tingle. The shivers shook through my body as I sat there breathing. The intense vibration had only happened a few times before. I was transported by a feeling of deja vu. I looked up at the full moon once more. It reminded me of a ritual I had done long ago.
    I had rode out to the meadows at midnight with the stable boy. We tied the horses to a willow tree in the middle of the meadows. We sat down in the long grass with an oracle board. We had held our hands on the wooden planchette and waited to hear from Spirit. Spirit had spelled Oracle and I had felt this full body tingling that the spirits called 'Kundalini rising'.
     I wondered how William was doing. He had been the only one to help me learn. I recalled a few years ago I had been hunting through books in the library with William. We found books on tales and myths. I sighed for the simpler times when we thought that goblins were just urban legends. The scratches on my legs revealed that they were not. I rubbed my leg tenderly. William's soft hands ran through my memory as if I could almost feel him touching my leg. I shivered.
"Luna. You aren't like the other girls." I could hear him speaking from a distant memory.
     I closed my eyes. I forced away the memories of William. I forced away the tears. I forced away the past. I only had the present and the future. I had to save the world. I couldn't go back home.