Chapter 5

"Ahhh... " I stretched my arms over my head. My back ached a little reminding me that I had slept too much and had to get up.

After fully preparing to go for breakfast, I got out of my room and Casper greeted with the same greeting, "Boungiorno." Like before, I had no clue what he was saying but I didn't ask him. I might offend him.

I had breakfast in the dining room and then I began to wonder what I would be doing today. It had been 5 days since Damien left for Italy. First day, I had read a novel then second day I had played games. On third day I had tried to watch a TV show. Fourth day had been bore and even I could have done anything but I didn't want to. I wanted to get out of the house.

And now it was sixth day and I was exhausted as hell. Picking up my phone, I dialed Norah's number.

"Hey Lia. What's up?"

"Everyhting's down, down and down. I am bored to death and I don't know what to do." She laughed at my exageration.

"You really don't know what to do?"

"Isn't that why I called you?" I scowled at the fancy mirror which was fixed on the wall in living room.

"Come on. You should know it's shopping which you have to do." She was right! It was shopping. How could I had forgotten.

"Shopping is the best therapy for boring days. You are going to come with me."

"Of course I am. So I will meet you at the shopping mall at 5:00."

"Yep. See you. Bye."

"Bye."

I sat on the couch and mentally searched my closet for something to wear.

Then a fact dawned on me. How could I forget that? Damien had made it clear that I couldn't go out without his permission. I wasn't a minor that I needed his permission but his bodyguards said otherwise.

I groaned. He had to spoil it for me. I didn't had time or energy to ask for his permission and get bored in the meantime. So I plotted something and I knew I had enough knowledge to sneak out of the house without anyone noticing.

I changed into a red dress with jacket and headed to kitchen. I hadn't taken purse but a clutch which would be easy to hide. My hair were tied in a ponytail. I began making tea and hid my clutch in the bottom drawer. Chef passed a smile which I returned.

"May I help you Madam?" Jimmy, the Chef asked.

"No!" I said too loudly and winced after saying.

"I mean I just need some herbs for the special tea I am making." I said to him.

"Oh, just tell me the name and I will get it." Name?

What should I do now?

"Uh, no, no. I will get it myself. I should know about the kitchen... Uh, in case , I decide to make dinner-"

"Damien Sir will never allow that." Jimmy looked horrified while saying. I should have made a list of things he didn't allow. I had no doubt that the list would be long.

"But still I want to know where everything is placed. Let me check in the store room."

Silently, I grabbed my clutch from the bottom drawer and sprinted to the store room beside the kitchen. It was like a mini warehouse, so many things were there.

"The spices and herbs are placed in the first rack." Jimmy shouted from the kitchen.

"Okay!" I said and took my sandals out and picked them in my hands. As I didn't have anything to do with the first rack so I went to the back of store room where there was a door. I knew the door lead to the back door of Damien's house or a palace where I was trapped.

I opened it slowly, it was open within a minute and I tiptoed outside. The sandals which I had been carrying in my hands, I dropped them on the grass.

I sneaked a glance at the main gate of the house. Guards stood beside the gate.

No chance, Lia.

I picked my sandals from the grass and ran to back wall of the garden. There was no one there during the day time. I picked up a chair and planted it against the wall.

Stealing a glance at my surroundings, I stood up on the chair and made sure no guard stood on the other side of the wall. With success, I climbed the wall and landed barefoot on the pavement in the street.

I wore my sandals and secured my clutch and jacket. My hair which were tied in a ponytail, I freed them. With my hair and glasses securing my face, surely if they would follow me they would not recognize.

When I reached the corner of street, I stopped a taxi and went to the mall.

I met Norah at the Century City shopping mall. We ran hugged each other. It had been days since I had seen her. I missed her and unwanted tears glistened my eyes.

"Lia! Stop it." Norah said.

"I missed you so much. I felt so alone in that house." I sniffed.

"You have been through a lot, it's just that. Come on time to forget and enjoy yourself."

I nodded silently and together we went inside the mall.

We shopped a lot and don't ask what. Norah nearly bought me a new wardrobe saying that I needed to let go of the old things and look forward to new.

We shopped for about 4 hours and then we went to food court. After eating, I spotted someone.

"Hey Norah." I whispered to Norah.

"Isn't that Landon guy from our class?" I gestured with my head to a man sitting on the table next to ours.

Norah gasped. "That's him." Her eyes grew wide and I knew she wanted to talk to him because she had been crushing on him since she first saw him.

I went to Landon and he recognized us immediately and together we spent nearly two hours talking, laughing and a bit of sadness as Norah told him about my marriage.

We were talking when I glanced at my mobile which had been on silent mode all that time. I knew they would track once I told them where I was. So I didn't tell them at all.

There were 50 missed calls, accumulated from missed calls from different numbers. Most of them were from Damien and his house.

"Excuse me, I have to make a call." I said getting up from the table and went to a corner.

I called Damien's home a couple of times. No answer came.

Then I called Damien's number. At first he didn't received, then I called again.

"Lia." Damien cold voice answered.

"Damien, I just want to tell you that you don't need to worry-"

"I am not worrying." Then why the hell were there so many missed calls from him? Liar of the century!

"But you called and I didn't received because I went for shopping-" He again cut off me.

"I know you are with Norah and an unknown man."

My mouth fell open. His sources were too fast to give him information but if they knew where I was and with whom I was with, then why didn't they come for me? Maybe the whole thing about security was a bunch of lies.

"How do you know?" I asked finally.

"I know..." His voice seemed more clear and it felt very near, very live. I had a feeling that I was being watched.

"... Because I am right behind you."

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Vote and share and comment if you like this chapter.