Chapter 32

I stared at my phone like it was a time bomb, waiting for it to explode any minute. My tongue swept across my dry lips and I gulped before picking it up.

"Hello," I said and listened with concentration.

There was some shuffling on the other end and my ears strained to hear the voice I had been waiting to hear.

"Lia..." He sounded groggy.

"Damien?"

"Where are you?" Now his voice was steady.

"I..." I pondered whether I should tell him but remembered that he knew and hadn't bothered to tell me. "I am at my father's house."

"I know." He knew then why did he ask?

"When do you plan on coming back?" He asked and I could imagine the glare he would direct at me if I would be with him.

I looked around the bedroom and rolled my eyes. "How about never?"

He snorted. "You are coming back whether you want it or not."

My fist clenched at my side and I lost it. Standing up in anger I said, "Who are you to dictate that? Who do you think you are after lying to me all this time?! I am not coming back and you better get that in your thick skull."

I wanted to pull my hair out of frustration. This man was always testing my limits.

"I didn't lie about anything to you... and I want to see you now." He sighed at the end.

I rolled my eyes again. There he went with his demands. "Nor am I going to meet you, neither am I going to video call you or send a picture. Now go away to that Irene of yours."

I heard laughter. So he was enjoying tormenting me, that sadist.

"Irene is gone for a while."

I nodded in understanding. "Oh, so that's how you finally remember me. You know what, I don't want to talk to you. Bye," I said and hung up. Tears of anger swam in my eyes and I wiped them furiously. He was with Irene and here I was deluding myself that he was missing me. That he wasn't that bad of a man.

Stupid I was.

~~~~~~~~~~

I barely got out of my room after that. Just to have lunch and to meet a female friend of Leandro's who just had a baby. Leandro was gone for work so I had to excuse in place of him but the best part I got to play with the cutest baby.

After meeting with Leandro's friend, my mood was turning on the pleasant side.

"Signora, dinner is ready."

I sighed looking at the dinner placed on the dining table. Scratching the back of my neck, I looked at the maid.

"I am not hungry. But thank you."