Chapter 2

He was joking, right? I was not going to live with him in any condition. My husband had died and Damien wanted me to stay with him. He thought I was a toy or a whore, who once belonged to his best friend but once he died he would inherit me, did he really think this?

"No! I am going to my home." Hearing me, he glared at me with his icy blue eyes.

"When I say you are staying here, then you are," he said standing up and placing his laptop aside.

"I am not!" I said standing up and throwing back an equal glare, at least that's what I thought about my glare.

"Lia you are not going anywhere," he said through clenched teeth and walked in front of me. I didn't know why but his anger made me more adamant on my decision.

"Watch me," I said, while gesturing with my hand to the door and made an attempt to walk away.

But I was thrown back by his ruthless grip on me, which grabbed me by my right arm. Then he crashed me into his chest securing an arm around my waist, rendering me caged in his arms. My hands protested against his hard chest but he didn't budge.

Defeated, I looked up at him to see him staring at me. His lips curled into something like a smirk.

"Damien let me go," I said, while pushing him away but he was far stronger than me.

"Why are you doing this? Why want me to stay?" I said looking up into his eyes and for a moment, my knees felt weak from the intensity of his eyes.

"You are not safe outside," he said.

"How do you know? I will be safe in my home, I don't have to stay with you," I said, pushing him again but it made no difference on his grip on me.

"Nobody argues with me Lia." His words made me frown at him. That was the height of exaggeration. What type of man he was that nobody argues with him?

"I do," I said raising my eyebrow.

"Yes, you always do but not now, its about your safety. I am not going to let you go out there assuming you will be safe. You will stay here in my sight."  He looked angry after scolding me but his eyes said a different story.

If it was care for me then surely I could understand his concern. He only wanted to take care of me and I was making a mess of it.

I nodded in approval for staying and he let out a sigh of relief.

He called for the servant in his house, "Casper!" And the servant came rushing in after a while. He came and without a delay bowed to Damien.

What the... Why is he bowing?

Is there some medieval tradition followed in his house? My mind was thinking of some possible traditions when the servant stood straight as a rod and glanced at us. At first, his eyes went round and then he looked between us, his mouth opening a little in awe.

Understanding dawned on me and my brows shot up in horror. I was so cozy in Damien's embrace that I totally forgot it was wrong of me.

Damien understood that as well and he let me go. I quickly jumped away and felt the coldness of the room embracing me.

Damien cleared his throat and then spoke, "Casper, show Ms. Lia her room."

He shouldn't call me Ms. Lia, I am now Mrs. Walker...

My late husband, how I had imagined my life with him but everything was ruined. My dreams, my marriage, my happiness, everything had shattered like a broken glass. He was no longer alive because of the bullet that tore his heart, rendering him dead.

In silence, I strode outside Damien's room, following Casper towards my room.

The room I was entering into was decorated in golden and furniture made of wood. Deep blue curtains graced the windows and the walls were painted in a gold hue. Despite my trauma of my husband's death, I wasn't able to ignore the beauty of this room. It was flawless, not even a pin was out of its place. Observing the large LED on the opposite wall of the bed, I sat on the bed careful not to form creases on the bedsheet. Soon, Casper brought a set of clothes for me and left me in my room, alone.

My mind began wandering around my husband again and I glanced at my gown. How drastically my life had changed in a spur of moment.

I wanted to know who did this and why? Mark did not had any enemies, so who could be behind all this? I thought of all the possible reasons as to why someone would want to kill him, but none came to my mind because Mark was never a man who would have done something bad to anyone. He was perfect. Tears blurred my vision and I gasped for breath.

So why it happened to him?

There had to be some reason and I hoped that his murderer would be caught in time.

I will find the murderer of my husband.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Vote and comment please.