Chapter 12

"Signora, this is for you,"

I turned my face towards Casper, who was standing in my doorway with several silver colored boxes in his hands.

"What is that?" I asked and stood up from my bed, which was overloaded with pile of clothes.

Norah was constantly throwing clothes out of my closet, discarding each of them for me. I couldn't say anything because due to her excitement she was unable to listen to me.

Casper gave the boxes to me, bowed lightly and went away.

Boxes were of silver color with white ribbon tied around them

Boxes were of silver color with white ribbon tied around them. They were beautiful but who would have sent them? Damien?

In a haste, I untied the ribbon around one of the boxes and found a perfume in it. Norah's gasp was audible around the room as she ran to me and snatched the perfume out of my hand.

"Damien sent them?"

"Maybe,"

She sniffed it and pretended to faint.

"Norah, you're overreacting," I said, rolling my eyes

"Damn, woman! This perfume is the most expensive scent of this century, I bet," she said and put it back in the box.

I opened a small silver box and found a bracelet with diamonds studded in it that were shining on my face. The design of the bracelet was sort of crisscross type and it was elegant on my wrist, when I tried it on.

 The design of the bracelet was sort of crisscross type and it was elegant on my wrist, when I tried it on

"Lia! That's so beautiful," Norah gushed and jumped up and down like a bunny.

"I know but why did he sent these? I have plenty of jewelry including the ones Mark gifted me."

Norah frowned and then shrugged.

"He wants you to give you something, can we just open all of the boxes?"

"Sure," I said and picked up the big box.

The ribbon slipped through my fingers and the box fell open and whatever was inside it dropped on the floor.