The Big Night and Loud Birds

(I keep forgetting to mention, Bruno will be aged down so Juleita and Pepa will just think of him as a really little brother.)

*AUTHOR POV*

You sigh contently. Truth be told, you were tired. Scratch that, you were exhausted. The tour of the house and the town went excellent. Well that's what Mirabel thought. The Madrigals were kind of annoyed at Mirabel for bursting into there rooms to show you around. They weren't annoyed at you. Just Mirabel, as usual. You blinked as you plopped onto a couch that was nearby. It was getting kind of late. And the Madrigals invited you to dinner. 

And of course you didn't wanna be rude or anything and turn them down so, you accepted. You felt the couch shift as the weight was shifted onto the other side of the couch. You also felt arms wrap around your arms. You opened your eyes, to see Pepa smiling at you. "Come on quierda let's go eat." She said as she gently grasped you wrist and pulled you off of the couch. She was practically dragging you throughout the house now. She seemed excited, so you would let it go for now.

You finally made it to the dining area in the mansion like house. Pepa let go of you and you took your wrist back. Earning a slight frown from Pepa. Bruises on your wrist. Yay. How absolutely perfect. Pepa noticed but you just shook you head and walked away, trying to say that you were fine. You just wanted a snack before the gift ceremony that would take place in around, thirty or so minutes? You grabbed an arepa and ate, hearing the cheers of people outside. The people are here so you have to hurry and find Antonio or Mirabel. 

You walked out of the dining area and started to walk among the people. God, it was crowded, I say where in the world did all these people come from. You walked out of the house to try and help Camilo greet. You hadn't talked to him the entire day, and you weren't as close with him as the rest.

Besides you might want to have a friend by the time the portal takes you back. It will right? You didn't know and that scared you. You exited the house to be met with the shapeshifter. Yours started to greet people earning smiles from others. Finally gaining the attention of the chameleon. He nodded as a 'thank you'. You giggled as he turned into a small child and jumping up to high five some random kind. You giggled again and headed inside, following the child and there parents to try and find the others.

You looked around the beautifully decorated Casita and gaze in awe, as the house seemed to puff up as you admired everything in pride. You smiled and picked up your walking speed while looking around upstairs. You didn't see someone walk in front of you. Dolores, Crap! You jumped slightly and ran the other direction before she could even look at you. You kind of found her to be creepy in all honesty.

The fact that she could even hear you every move gives you the creeps. You shook off as you walked the stairs as the ceremony started. Abuela started to speak, having done this many of times. She sighed then turn around. "Fifty years ago, in our darkest moment, this candle blessed us with a miracle." She said as she gestured her hands to the magical glowing candle she was holding. "And the greatest honor of our family," you turned your attention to the rest of the family.

Seeing the other Madrigals looking happy. Camilo noticed you were looking at them. Or him. Or so he thought, sent you a wink. You blushed slightly and looked back at Abuela. You called her Alma, since you didn't want to be rude or make it awkward in anyway, besides she wasn't even you Abuela in any way shape nor form. She continued, "has been to use our blessings to serve this beloved community." 

She emphasized the 'beloved part.'  "Tonight, we come together once more as another steps into the light to make us proud." You could see it now, Mirabel was behind the curtain along with an anxious Antonio. Both fretting about Antonio's soon to be gift. You always had thought that his gift was super cool. And with all the part with Antonio were super cool. But everyone, especially Mirabel had been acting a little weird. 

But it was a broken family, with everyone practically blaming Mirabel for there own wrong doings was just messed up in your opinion. The percussive sound of drums kept on playing, getting ready to present Antonio to give him a gift. The curtains were open within a flash and a spotlight was shown onto Antonio, as he looked at the crowd and the door. He looked behind the curtain and whispered something. You looked at Dolores to see, almost asking, 'what is he saying?' 

She saw you looking at her and squeaked, then looked back at Antonio. He lifted up his hand as Mirabel came out from behind the curtain. You smiled slightly at how adorable this scene was being. Mirabel grasped onto his hand and started to walk on the tiles, as if it were a catwalk. You had to admit, you were liking the confidence. However, when they reached out Antonio reached out for your hand. 

Your eyes widened in surprise, but you hesitantly took it and walked the rest of the way and up the stairs.Heading to the side with Mirabel. And watched as Abuela started to talk to him about making the home and the community stronger. You used to find Abuela's voice to be calming. But not anymore though. You couldn't take how she started to act around Mirabel. It disgusted you, for a self entitled woman like her to expect everyone to be work hungery and for everyone to be perfect.

Mainly Isabela. Oh, that poor, poor girl. You did like her dress though, it is extremely pretty. Antonio reached for the door knob and as the door glowed brightly, everyone gasped. You pretended to act surprised but you already knew what happened. A small bird landed onto his shoulder and began to squawk very loudly at Antonio. You smiled and giggled. Making Mirabel look at you with rede hue resting contently on her cheeks.

——————————————-

1074 words