Chapter 13

George POV 

He thrashed beneath the flood, failing to turn his head away when a firm hand grasped his cheek, applying pressure into his jawbone until his mouth parted ever so slightly. The rush of air that passed through his lips into his screaming lungs drained the last of his fight.

Every breath selflessly pushed into George's lungs cleared his mind, and he burned hot despite the freezing water. That's right... this person was Dream.... they were supposed to be breaking the mirror.

Shame nipped his heart, and he squeezed the dirty blond's wrist, signaling he was okay now. The lips left his, and he held onto the breath gifted to him as they swam back to the mirror. The glass didn't feel as solid as before, and George felt the jagged edges of cracks.

Hope burst in his chest, quickly gripping onto the mirror and kicking with everything he had.

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, CRACK

George's feet burst through to emptiness, and his body whipped forward. Glass shards sliced his skin, toppling into a massive room with a floor a grated drains. The water wave did nothing to cushion his fall. Slamming onto his side over the metal slats, coughing and spluttering as he gulped in sweet, beautiful air.

Water washed around his body, sucked into the drains until there was nothing left. His cuts stung, and George was sure he had glass shards stuck all over him. 

"Urghhh." Am usually deep groan sounded nearby. "Did everyone make it?"

"I can't tell if I'm dead or alive." Sapnap coughed out. "But I'm breathing."

George cracked open his eyes, immediately closing them when bright light burned his corneas. A soft squeeze on his palm told him Dream was alright. 

"WILBUR YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE—"

The entire team startled at Tommy's screech. George wrenched open his eyes, squinting to see a drenched Tommy swat his brother. 

Dark gray walls rose around them, the only gap leading into a room with... were those plants?! He really hoped the next game wasn't some Hunger Games survival style movie trope shit. Around him the players all had messy hair and clothing dripping wet, scattered over the giant drain of a floor.

"HOW DARE YOU?!" Tommy wailed. "I AM NEVER GOING TO RECOVER!"

"What's wrong?" Sykunno pushed himself up. "Are you okay?"

"NO, I AM NEVER GOING TO BE OKAY!" 

"Let's just agree to never discuss that." Wilbur sat up, rubbing his temples and wrinkling his nose. 

"Dude, what the fuck happened?" Sapnap demanded. 

George wobbled into a sitting position, his gaze flicking to Dream and moving away instantly as he suddenly guessed what upset the blond so much. The brothers had been even farther away than they'd been...

"HE FUCKING KISSED ME!" Tommy scrubbed his mouth with his sleeve and gagged. "THAT IS FUCKING DISGUSTING!"

"Hey, I saved your life!" Wilbur snapped. "I'm your brother, I wasn't about to watch you drown!"

"Pfft." Skeppy's shoulders trembled, obviously holding back laughter. 

"THAT'S EXACTLY WHY IT WAS GROSS!" Tommy gagged again. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KISSED ME!"

"It's called mouth to mouth CPR, Tommy." His brother sighed. "There's no other way to do it."

George couldn't bring himself to look at Dream, his face burning hot. He knew that the dirty blond hadn't meant any intentions besides keeping him alive, but the intimacy of the method still singed his lips.