BONUS - Sykunno's Vision

Sykunno POV

Hissing flooded his senses, white gas gushing from an unknown source. He watched his friend in the orb beside him press against the gas in an attempt to escape, staring with wide mocha eyes. 

Sykunno's nose burned, and he clasped a hand over his mouth. The gas spread at rapid speed, blocking George from sight within seconds. He tried to take small breaths, but his head had already begun to fuzz. 

White consumed everything, and he collapsed onto the bottom of the bubble. 

The heady scent of cleaner filled the hall, bright fluorescent lights reflecting off shiny silver machines. A brunette with fluffy hair gripped a clipboard tightly in his palms, biting his lip so hard he tasted blood.

When did I get in a hospital? Sykunno surveyed his surroundings cautiously. Nurses flowed up and down the halls, carrying trays of equipment or helping a patient stretch their legs. A woman at a desk typed rapidly into a computer using her long pink nails.

He turned to the clipboard, flipping through the pages he'd been given. A little girl, six years old, choked on candy. A man who stepped on a nail, and a woman who burned her hand taking buns out of the oven. This... was a patient list.

He noticed his own signature at the bottom, shocked to find he must've treated these people.

"Hey, doc?" Long brown hair swayed in a high ponytail of a young nurse. "Your shift ended ten minutes ago, you're free to leave."

"Huh? Oh... um...." Sykunno's throat tightened. "Thank you, I'll go now."

He lowered his head, hurriedly putting the clipboard on the front desk. He heard several patients calling out goodbyes, and he lifted his hands to wave back. His sleeves covered his palms, a bad habit, but the grins proved they didn't mind.

People who are sick aren't usually this happy. Sykunno winced, remembering his training in med school. He'd had old ladies swing purses at him for offering advice they didn't want to hear, and young kids scream that they didn't want their shots. Perhaps the 'him' in this place had better luck.

Speaking of, what was this place? Seconds ago he'd been trapped in white gas, and then blacked out. There had to have been a hallucinaut in the gas, but with the realism he faced, he knew it wasn't any he'd studied. Lack of oxygen likely worsened the symptoms as well.

A clock on the wall read 7:00am, the hospital doors sliding open to a large parking lot. Warm breezes whisked his chocolate bangs out of his eyes, blinking in the early morning sunlight.

His face warmed in a smile and shock buzzed in his veins when he recognized a figure standing outside, leaning nonchalantly on a shiny black car. The man wore a short sleeved white shirt, black jeans, and silver earrings.

"Corpse!" Sykunno ran towards the unusual friend he'd made in the games.

Deep brown eyes raised to meet his, and the man immediately broke into a smile. Corpse pushed off the car, rising to his height that intimidated others but didn't bother Sykunno in the slightest.

He'd grown attached to Corpse rather quickly, having sensed a loneliness in the man he recognized in himself. Outwardly, Corpse appeared scary and intimidating. In reality, he wanted to be accepted for who he really was.

Sykunno cared for him in all ways he was himself. He didn't mind that his friend was an alien, or that his real face looked like a skull demon possessed one half. In return, Corpse watched out for him in the games and treated him as a true friend would.

"Hey, want to grab breakfast? I'm sure you haven't had time to eat yet." Corpse interrupted his thoughts.

"Ah... why is that?" Sykunno crossed his arms behind his back, holding onto his own wrist.