Chapter 25

Tris P.O.V.

"So, tell me, Tris, how was your date?" Christina asks. I shrug and take a sip of my hot chocolate. Even though it is late April, I still take a sip of the steaming liquid. Christina stares me down as if daring me to take another sip. I raise the mug to take another sip but an arm reaches over and takes the mug from my hand, causing the dark liquid to slosh out of the mug and onto Christina's carpet.

"Jerk," I mumble under my breath, directing it at Lynn. She shrugs and sets it on the coffee table in front of us where it is just barely out of my reach. I stare at the mug with a look that could kill. It does nothing but sit there and waits, like the rest of my friends, to spill about my date. A cough from Marlene causes me to look away from the mug and the dark liquid inside it.

"Come on Tris. No need to be shy," Shauna says. I sigh and reposition myself into a position that shows how unhappy I am by their begging.

"It was. . . It was really fun. I enjoyed spending time with him. . . And having time away from Lucas," I say. They all giggle like teenage girls looking at pictures of boy bands and the hottest actors. That was, of course, them just a few minutes ago.

"Well, you sure are lucky that you have Four here to help you," Shauna says, her voice having a flirtatious tone when she says Four. Her tone automatically makes me feel sure of where this conversation is headed.

"Yeah. He's been great. . . He's babysitting while Al and I go out on Friday," I say, hoping that this statement will help keep Tobias out of the conversation.

"Oh, where are you going?" Christina asks, extending the oh much longer than necessary. I shrug because his plans weren't the most elaborate in the world, or at least not the ones he told me.

"He said we are going to dinner and that it is it. He didn't say where or if we were going anywhere. He just said it involves dinner," I explain. They nod and I take this as chance to jump over Lynn to get to my hot chocolate. I manage to surprise enough that she is paralyzed long enough for me to get the mug.

"Well, I'm sure you will enjoy his company no matter what you're doing," Shauna says. That receives a round of giggles that I still don't understand but don't question.

So, this was like a super short chapter compared to all of my other chapters but I have a valid reason... That valid reason will be explained later... Um, with that valid reason I will admit it caused me to not edit this well. And, yeah... Please comment and vote!

So, the valid reason... Well, I have been in the hospital all day and I just now got home and wrote this really quickly. Why? Well, my brother got kicked in the chest and he got knocked out so they took him to the hospital but the local hospital couldn't take care of it so we had to go an hour away to where they had a better pediatrics E.R. When we got there, they started doing his vitals and stuff and I guess I have a problem with hospitals because, like the last few times I have visited someone in the hospital, I passed out... So, they brought me a bed and made a big deal out of a phobia of hospitals. But, yeah, we are home and good... I'm just really tired.

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth is the one who crushed all of our souls in Allegiant, not me.