Chapter 7

Tris P.O.V.
"Mr. Four really gets to come with us?" Lucas asks, excitement masking his voice. I nod as we pull up to Zeke's house. I park next to a familiar black car. A bulldog sticker is on the big window.

"Yes, he really does," I say. I get out, leaving Lucas alone in the car strapped into his car seat, and walk up to Zeke's door. After knocking, I wait for about three minutes before the door opens, revealing an anxious looking Zeke.

"Is it time?" He asks. I laugh and nod. He cheers and jumps down the three steps that go down to the sidewalk. I hear the door close behind me. I inhale a deep breath through my mouth and slowly release it through my nose. I turn and look at Tobias and give him a nervous smile.

"Hi," I say. He gives me a genuine smile, one that would have melted my heart years ago. He points to Zeke who is dancing around the driveway. I crack a smile, not just at Zeke but at the giggles I can here coming out of the car.

"Hey. Does he always get this excited to go see movies?" Tobias asks. I shake my head and watch as Zeke tries to do ballerina leaps across the driveway. When he lands, he looses his balance and falls on his butt.

"Not that I can remember. He and Lucas have been watching Big Hero 6 trailers all week, though. The only time I've seen Zeke this excited was for Frozen On Ice. He and Christina loved it," I say. Tobias laughs. "So, um, I guess we should go now," I say. He nods.

"Zeke called shotgun so I guess I'm in the back," Tobias says as we walk down the steps. Tobias walks around to the passenger side of the car. He opens up the passenger seat and says, "Hey little man," before sliding in. Zeke stands up from where he fell.

"Shall we go now?" He asks. I roll my eyes and point to the car. I open up the driver side door. I hear Lucas talking about the Curious George he watched this morning.

"Just get in the car," I say before sliding into the driver seat and slamming my door shut.

§§§

"Small popcorn, extra butter, and a coke. A bag of m'n'ms. And I also need a child's tray with a sprite," I say. The lady who took my order at the snack bar hurries over to the large machine that pops the kernels. She picks up a small bag and a tray with dinosaurs.

"Did Will have classes today?" I ask. She nods. Christina, Zeke, and Uriah all go to the same school, which is off on Fridays. Will goes to a different, more advanced school that had class today. The girl starts scooping popcorn into the tray.

"Yeah. He's good with him," Christina says next to me. I nod and watch as Four helps Lucas with the crane machine in the corner. He points right and a second later the claw inside the machine goes the same direction.

"Yeah. Lucas really seems to like him," I say. She nods. The claw goes down and the two heads block my view of what's going on inside the machine. Soon, the claw comes back up and has a stuffed papa smurf between the metal claws. I smile and watch as Lucas starts to jump around eagerly.

"It's a good thing you're giving him a chance. All three of you deserve this," she says. A dinosaur tray with popcorn, gummies, and small sprite and a small popcorn is placed in front of me. The woman also slides a medium coke and a bag of chocolate candies over to me. I take a couple of dollars out of my pocket before sliding it back over to her.

"Who's next?" the lady at the counter asks after she makes sure I payed the correct amount. I move my stuff over to a table and take a sip of the coke. After pouring the m'n'ms into my popcorn, I focus my attention on Tobias and Lucas. They are walking around looking at all the movie posters hanging on the walls. Lucas stops at a poster for a SpongeBob SquarePants movie that starts sometime during the summer. He turns to Tobias and I see his lips start to move. Then, I hear two voices begin to sing the theme song to SpongeBob,

"Tris, it's okay to let him back in," Christina says. I look at her. She has a small popcorn and medium sized cup that appears to be filled with sprite. She has a concerned look in her eyes, something thay she normally reserves. I glance back at the line. The woman has already served Zeke and Uriah, who were behind Christina.

"How long have you been standing there?" I ask. She shrugs and sits in the chair next to me. She looks away from me and towards the father and son looking around the theater. Tobias lifts Lucas up and balances him on his shoulders. Lucas sits the Papa Smurf toy on his head.

"Long enough to know that you are accepting that he is back," Christina says. I turn back to her and shake my head.

"I'm not accepting that he's back. I'm giving Lucas a chance to get to know his father, even if he doesn't know it's his father. I still don't feel comfortable with him here but if this is what my son and my friends want I'm willing to go along with it," I say. Christina nods. She puts a piece of popcorn in her mouth and chews it slowly.

"Are we ready to go in?" a voice behind me says. I turn around to see Zeke and Uriah anxiously holding dinosaur trays like I got for Lucas and their tickets. They glance over to where a man is sitting at podium with a bored expression on his face, waiting for people's tickets.

"Yep, we are," I say, Zeke and Uriah walk over to the father and son. The father takes the boy off his shoulders and they walk towards the bored looking man.

"Tris, you're going to have to tell him eventually," Christina says before walking towards the man.

And update! I'm sorry if it feels like this is too soon or too rushed. I'm also really sorry if it seems like there is too long of a wait between chapters. I'm trying to work on that. Please comment and vote your opinions!

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth owns Divergent. I, on the other hand, own a copy of the books.