A little Discussion then Epilogue #1

Okay, so, before you all decided you are going to hate me I want to ask you to not hate me because I am going to try to make you happy. Just remember that. M'kay? Kay.

So, I am mostly writing this little discussion author's note thing to tell you that I am pretty much done with the story. The goal for this book was for Tris and Four to get back together. It happened a little quicker than I had planned it, but nothing was really going to happen after they got back together.

I will, though, be writing four epilogues. I left some loose ends with what happens with Tris's family so I will be coming back around to that.

Another reason I'm not going to add another part of the storyline is because I am going to be posting a new story. I've been working on this story for a while to make it perfect and I am super excited to post it but it means that I would have less time to work on other books and I don't want you all to get an unsatisfactory story.

And in case you all are interested in this new book, it is a Twisted Disney book. It's going to be about what would happen if the event that caused happily ever after never happened. It will be posted July 1. There is more information on my Instagram (@Finnchellove.Wattpad ) if you want to check it out.

If there are any more questions please please please ask them. I don't want to leave you all unhappy but I am leaving the story this way. But, anyways, here is your Epilogue #1.

§§§

Tris P.O.V.

I swing my arm back and forth as I escort Lucas down the long tunnel that leads out to the stadium. As we approach, the roar of the crowd echoes down the tunnel. Everyone is excited for this game: the college league championship.

"Is daddy going to win?" Lucas asks, looking up at me. I smile at him.

"He is going to try to," I tell him. He nods and we continue to walk down the tunnel. When we finally reach the end, we step out onto the green grass surrounding the field. The teams have already come out so all the focus is on them at their benches. Lucas points at the bench where Northern Illinois is located.

"Can we go see daddy?" he asks. I shake my head and point over at the spot where we are supposed to be seated. The family and girlfriends of all the football players have a designated spot down on the field so that is where Lucas and I normally are during the game.

"I don't think daddy is allowed to see anyone right now. You know he can't leave his team," I tell him. He sighs and nods.

"I know," he says. We sit down in our usual seats. A few of the other girlfriends that I have gotten to know sit around us. A few of them are chatting while others are on their phones. One of the ones I have become closest to, Marissa, is on the other side of Lucas.

"Are you two ready for the game?" she asks. I smile and nod.

"Yeah. It's just hard to believe that this is his last game," I tell her. She nods.

"I know. It feels so weird that we're all graduating. It feels like just yesterday we all started school here," she says. Marissa is a student here. She and Christian, her boyfriend, have been dating since their freshman year. Everyone has been waiting for him to pop the question but he hasn't yet.

"We've enjoyed this season so much. It's hard to believe it's over," I tell her. She nods.

"But hey, at least you know that you'll get to have this experience again in another 16 years," she says, nodding to Lucas. I laugh and roll my eyes.

"I don't doubt that," I reply, knowing that Lucas will be taught everything Tobias knows. They have already started working on drills. Our backyard has suddenly became a training course. She laughs.

"If only you could have been here longer," she says. She reaches over Lucas and drapes her arms around me in a hug. I squeeze back, squishing Lucas between us in the process.

"Ow!" he yells. We pull apart and laugh.

§§§

"This will be a close game. It all depends on the quarterback's move," the announcer's voice says. Tobias runs down the field with the ball. He looks down the field for someone open and then throws it. He catches it and runs. When the timer to end the final quarter goes off, they have scored three more points, winning the game for Northern Illinois. (I don't know if that is how football works. It is just a guess)

Everyone is on their feet cheering. I wrap Lucas in a hug and tell him, "They won, Lucas! They won!" Then, Marissa is wrapping us in a hug. The Northern Illinois guys all come together in one big huddle. They jump around for a while and then they finally break apart. Tobias gets away from the group and comes running over towards us. He picks up Lucas and puts his arm around me.

"You did it!" I yell at him. He nods. His eyes are full of excitement. He leans down and places a long, passionate kiss on my lips.

"We did!" he yells back when we break apart. Lucas tells him something that I can't understand. Tobias puts Lucas up on his shoulders and takes my hand in his. He leads us over to a reporter who smiles at us.

"Four, I was starting to think you wouldn't come," she says. She puts her microphone up to his mouth. He nods and leans forwards to talk into it.

"Well, I had some people that needed to congratulate me," he says. She laughs.

"We'll let you get right back to your celebrating in a minute. We're trying to get around to everyone to ask a few questions about their futures. We were wondering what you see in yours," she says. Tobias looks over at me and then up at Lucas.

"I see these two right here," he says. She nods.

"Anything else?" she asks. He nods.

"Bears," he answers. I look over at him and scrunch my eyebrows together. Why would he ever have a future with bears?

"Do you mean. . ." she starts. He nods and squeezes my hand again.

"The Chicago Bears," he answers. I gasp and look over at him. I never knew about this.

"What?" I whisper. Before he can reply, the reporter begins talking.

"Well, Four, we wish you the greatest luck and I hope we see a lot more of you in future years," she says before walking away. He looks at me and nods.

"The recruiter for the bears came and found me before the game. He said that if we won this I was guaranteed a spot on the team next fall. It's very unlikely that I'll be quarterback but it's still a spot," he says. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck.

"That's amazing!" I tell him. I lean up and place a small kiss on his lips.

"I know. We get to stay here and we both are living out our dreams," he says. I nod and squeeze Lucas's foot. He giggles and kicks at me.

"We are! And I can't wait to see what happens next," I tell him. 

Disclaimer: As we approach the end, please remember that Veronica Roth is still the owner of Divergent.