Chapter 36

Tris P.O.V.

"Look at that, another special on you," Christina says. I moan but still look up at the television. The reporter starts talking about the new 'it' couple and I roll my eyes.

"It's ridiculous. Do these people seriously have so little going on in their life that they have to peek in on mine?" I ask. Christina turns up the volume on the television.

"During these last few weeks, we've seen plenty of outings for the little family. Not only have Four and Beatrice taken Lucas on numerous outings, but they have gone on quite a few dates themselves," the perky blonde says. I roll my eyes.

"They weren't dates. They were simply us just hanging out," I say. Christina rolls her eyes.

"Hush. Maybe I can get the scoop from her that I'm not getting from you," Christina says. I pick up a piece of popcorn from the coffee table and pop in my mouth.

"We still have not gotten any comments from the couple, but we can only hope soon we'll get a little more than just holding hands at the skating rink," she says. Pictures of us rollerskating flash up on the screen. It's followed by pictures of us playing mini golf and going to the arcade with Lucas.

"This is why I don't watch entertainment news," I declare. Christina turns down the volume as they move onto who was caught drinking where and who was high at what.

"Well, that is the only choice I have when your best friend refused to tell you all the dirty little secrets of her love life," Christina states. I eat another piece of popcorn and shrug.

"There's nothing to tell," I tell her. She rolls her eyes and moves the bowl of popcorn out of my reach.

"There's always something to tell in relationships. Now talk," Christina says. I reach across her in attempt to get my snack back but since she's bigger than me she manages to stop me.

"I promise you. I'm an open book. All of that was mostly a fun way to get publicity," I tell her. She sighs.

"Of course it was," she mumbles. She moves the popcorn back into my reach and I grab and handful and shove it in my mouth. "I can't believe he is going back today," she says. I nod.

"Lucas is devastated," I tell her. She nods.

"I bet. They had gotten so close. I feel bad for not going to see him off," she says. I eat another handful of popcorn and nod.

"They were really close. I can understand why he doesn't want us there, though. He told me himself he doesn't want to go back. They're basically forcing him to," I say. She nods.

"Yeah. How do you feel about him leaving?" Christina asks. I shrug. I don't really have an opinion.

"I guess I'll miss him," I tell her. She raises her eyebrows. "Fine. I'll really miss him. . . It's been kind of nice having him around lately," I tell her. She gives me a cheesy smile.

"You're still in love with him," she says. I knit my eyebrows together and almost choke on a piece of popcorn I had just put in my mouth.

"What?" I say in a voice close to a yell. She squeals and wraps her arms around me.

"You're still in love with him! You never stopped either!" she says. I shake my head.

"Christina, you're crazy. It's taken me this long to get over the fact that he left me," I tell her. She gets up and runs into the front hallway. She returns a few seconds later with my shoes in her hands.

"Tris, you couldn't forgive him because you were still hurt that someone you loved would do that to you! It might not be the same as it was in high school but it is definitely still there," Christina says. I stare at the floor. Part of me believes what she says is true. The hard headed part of me, though, fails to believe it.

"Christina, even if I was still in love with him, there's nothing I could do about," I tell her when I finally look back up. She shakes her head and pulls me off the couch.

"Beatrice Prior, he can't start boarding his flight for another hour. We can still make it there in time to see him," Christina says. I shake my head.

"No! I am not going to have one of those over dramatic, cliché airport scenes where I run through in slow motion and meet him right before he boards to give him a kiss. It's foolish and, in case I failed to mention, cliché," I tell her her. She rolls her eyes and pulls me to the front door.

"It's not going to be one of those scenes because it won't be in slow mo because you've got to be quick and it won't be right there where he boards the plane because you can't get that far without buying a ticket," she says as she shoved her feet into some ballet flats. I laugh.

"I'm still not running through the airport to give him a kiss," she says. She rolls her eyes and throws the door open. She grabs my hand and pulls me out of the house even though my shoes are still in my hand.

"Yes we are. . . And it's going to have to happen in the next hour," she says. I sigh and follow her to her car. This is really happening.

I feel like this happened too fast but oh well... I'm just now realizing that this story might be coming to an end. I'm running out of ideas... Please comment and vote!

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth is the most talented owner of Divergent, not myself.