Chapter 2

"Ms. Prior, what was the inspiration of your book?" the reporter asks. I keep the smile that I use for these types of things on my face, careful not to let my emotions take control. After Tobias left me, I did write a book. The book was the story of our love life. I never would have guessed so many people would read it.

"Well, I met many girls when I was pregnant with Lucas who had stories similar to this. I just thought someone needed to hear it," I quickly explain. The reporter quickly scribbles it down, ignoring the camera that is in both of our faces.

"So, is there any signs of a sequel in the future? I know fans would be out on the curve in front of the book stores a week before it's released," she says. I laugh and nod.

"I'm sure there would be just like for any good author. I just don't know if this is one of those books that require a sequel. It's a complicated story with many alternate endings. Sarah has her whole life ahead of her while also having to raise her child. I know everyone wants some big reunion of Sarah and Micheal but real life doesn't work that way," I explain. She nods and stares at me with interest.

"So, why don't you want this to be one of those stories with a good ending?" the reporter asks, completely ignoring the questions in her hands. I take a deep breath and think my reply through several times before saying anything.

"I guess I was just wanted a message to come through. That there are women out there who have been left on their own to raise a child or their parents to kick them out and have no ties to their family. This story isn't supposed to have a happy ending because that isn't the way it happens for these women," I explain. She nods.

"I know you prefer to not discuss this topic during interviews but, this story has nothing to do with you or Lucas or his father, correct?" she asks. I shake my head and fold my hands in my lap.

"No. The beginning where she becomes pregnant is pretty close to us but other than that it's nothing like the two of us. There were other things that tore us apart," I lie. She doesn't seem to pick it up, though. None of the reporters have found out that the story is like an autobiography of my love life. If they did, there is no telling what would happen.

"So, is there anything you can tell us about the father?" the reporter asks. I shake my head again, afraid to admit that I thought I was in love the quarterback of Northern Illinois University. The press would eat it up.

"Not really. I thought he seemed like a really good man. Things just didn't work out between us. He is strictly a name on the birth certificate at the this point in both of our lives," I explain. She nods and scribbles a few notes on her pad before looking back up at me.

"So, Lucas has never met his father?" she asks. I nod and look at the ring on my finger. All of the broken promises it brings back to memory causes me to advert my eyes and look at the women in front of me again.

"Like I said, he was just a name on a birth certificate. He has never seen Lucas in person. I assume he has seen pictures, but I'm not really sure. He is his biological father, though. That just means that they have the same DNA. If he were, what I'll call an actual father, he would have been there the day Lucas was born. He would pick him up from play dates and take to baseball practice," I explain. She nods and reaches out for my hand and rubs quick circles on the backside before dropping it. Very few reporters have actually gained this information. The air feels heavier as the vibe in the room becomes intense.

"So what you're trying to say is that he is just Lucas's DNA, not like the male roll model in his life?" she asks. I nod.

"That is exactly what I mean," I say.

                                                                                        §§§

Tobias P.O.V.

I walk up the concrete steps to Zeke's door. The small home has a large door that is made of dark wood. Windows are on both sides of the door. There are also windows in the middle of the walls that have gray siding. After knocking, I look through the window to see when Zeke comes to the door. When he does, his eyes grow because of the shock of me being here.

"Four, what are you doing here?" he asks. I bite my lip. This idea wasn't the greatest plan ever.

"I came back to see you all," I state. Zeke's eyebrows crinkle up but quickly go back to their normal position. He moves to the side of the doorway and motions for me to enter.

"Well, come on in," Zeke says. I smile and walk in. All of the interior walls that I can see are white. He leads me to the living room and sits down on a dark green couch. Two arm chairs match with the same colors. A white footstool sits in the middle of the room with a blanket folded on top. There is a media cabinet with a large flat screen sitting on top sitting across from the couch. A fireplace in the corner has pictures sitting on the mantle. He also has pictures hanging on the walls and sitting on side tables.

"So, how have you been?" I ask. I walk over to the mantle and look at some of the pictures. He just shrugs and throws some popcorn in his mouth. A young boy who looks about two years old is in most of them. He has dark hair and blue eyes that are close to gray just like mine.

"Good I guess. I'm still taking classes at the community college. I babysit a lot for Tris, too," he says. I nod again and pick up a small frame that was on the far left of the mantle. It has a picture of Tris and the boy. Her hair is much shorter than the last time I saw her in person.

"Is this him?" I ask, pointing to the little boy in the picture. He nods and tosses another piece of popcorn in the air. "What is he like?" I ask while Zeke chews.

"He is really smart. He also is really funny for a two year old. You should see him and Uriah, they have like the exact same interests. Football, Super heroes, Mickey mouse. He's really athletic. Probably the best in the league for tee-ball," Zeke says. I nod and sit down. I study the picture.

"I wish I could've been there for him. I want to meet him," I say. Zeke nods and looks up at the ceiling, something he does when he is thinking.

"I think you should. Christina and I watch him when Tris has something to do. Or when he wants to hang out with us. Christina has him today since I had class. Tris will have him for pretty much the rest of the week. I'll have him Friday and Saturday, though, because he wanted to spend the night sometime," Zeke says. Shock rushes through me. I can't believe that Zeke has my son's schedule memorized.

"Do you think there's time for me to go see him at Christina's house?" I ask. He shrugs.

"If you hurry. You'll want to get there before Tris does. Her interview ends in about fifteen minutes. Give her thirty to get done and another thirty for her to get to Christina's house," Zeke says. I nod.

"Thanks, Zeke. Where does she live?" I ask. He picks up a note book and pen from the floor that I didn't notice earlier. He scribbles down an address.

"Here is her address. And, Four, don't tell him you're his father, yet. It's best if you wait a while to tell him," Zeke says.

Another update, yay! I probably won't get to update for a couple more days because I'm going to my grandparents house and they don't like electronics and don't have wifi. So, I will try to write a chapter but it won't be posted until Wednesday.

Disclaimer: The Divergent characters and everything else related to Divergent used in this story belong to Veronica Roth, not me.