Five

Amelia

"I don't want to!" I groaned at Jade, why is she acting like I'm the funnest person she could go to party with? "C'mon, Amelia.... It'll be fun." Olivia joined the conversation.

It will not. What's so fun about going somewhere full of high, drunk people? I mean when they're sober I'm afraid someone would drug me and chop my body into tiny pieces to make a burger made out of my young, fresh flesh. No, thank you.

Jade held my hand, massaging it, "Look... it'll be fun, Chris will be with you the whole time." Olivia slapped her forehead with her palm, now I have a better reason not to go. "That makes me want to puke." Chris.... He's the average popular white boy, dirty blonde hair with blue eyes – beautiful eyes – hooks up with anyone he lays eyes on, but we don't like him. at least except for Jade, she's been friends with him since high school. Ugh, I can't even imagine sitting alone with him for five minutes, imagine years of high school.

Olivia snorted at my comment, "What's up ladies?" Chris wrapped his arm around my waist, I moved his arm feeling uncomfortable with his touch. "What is it kitten?" I cringed at the name, moving further away from him. "Can you not call me that?" he chuckled licking his thin lips, "So, you and me at the party, huh?" I cringed more at the way he spoke, "I'm not going." He made sounds acting as if he was in pain and groped into his chest, am I bad for wanting him to be in real pain? "Why not?" he massaged my thigh. What is wrong with him? "I'll be with you the whole time, kitty" I snorted, "Yeah. That's why." Chris got up as one of his other popular friends called him, he patted my shoulder, "If you're not going, then neither am I." I really want to laugh right now, is that inappropriate?

"So, you really are not coming?" I shook my head. "Sorry."

"Hey. I really need to pee." Jake came from his last period, rushing to leave. He only likes to pee in his bathroom or mine. Weird but healthy, I guess.

I'm thankful that he didn't get a ticket for over speeding.

I flumped on his comfy couch as he takes the longest pee of all time. He flumped next to me, "You can't even imagine how good that pee felt, Ames." I laughed. "Superior?" he exhaled, "Exactly." Jake fixed his posture looking at me, "So... tell me." I already know what he's asking me to tell him. The date – I just told him that it was perfect, but no details.

I sat up, grinning from ear to ear. "Remember my dream date?" he looked confused for seconds before he jumped off the couch then gasped loudly putting his hand on his open mouth, "The car-" I nodded aggressively, "The car."

I started telling him everything – in great detail.

"What did he say?" Jake asked, referring to the time where I gave Marcus my phone number. I sighed, "He hasn't called." At first I didn't think much of it, I thought maybe he was tired and needed to rest... but then I started over thinking – which I shouldn't have done. I started to think; maybe he doesn't want a second date... but he said I was his Angel, and we had good- no, great chemistry... and he was all flirty and touchy since the lunch break. Why wouldn't he call me?

"Do you want to go get ice cream?" Jake asked, "To make you feel better." He wiggled his eyebrows playfully at me, "And maybe he will be there..." no, well yes... but I don't want to annoy him, I know he said he never hated me and everything. But I want to give him his space.

Jake must've heard my thoughts, "He doesn't own the store.... If we meet him, we call it a coincidence. Or destiny." I laughed, "It's not destiny if we plan it." He nodded his head, "okay. Let's go."

I took a bite of my ice cream as the cold breeze hit my face, I hissed. "I mean I don't get why won't he call me... he's so confusing; you know?" Jake nodded, "Maybe he forgot to save your name under your number."