Three

Amelia

"Louis, we're late!" I whined, Louis came back from his trip two days ago and Jake decided to invite me to play paintball. They invite me then say I annoy them. Cool.

Today I didn't have anything in Mr. Davis's class, but I saw Marcus was there. I ignored him at the cafeteria – or more like acted as I never saw him. He did come to the table my friends and I were sitting on and ask to talk to me, asking when's a good time for us to "hang out" I told him that I was going with Jake for a paintball match, so he asked about tomorrow, I lied saying I wasn't free. So, he asked about the day after tomorrow, I declined again saying I had a nail appointment even though I never get my nails done – because I do art, they'll get dirty very quickly – I remember the way he exhaled and brushed his curls back with his long fingers, we agreed to meet on Friday.

In reality, I am busy, with school. Not nail appointments or anything else. I just wanted him to think that I had a busy life.

"We're here." Louis said as soon as we stepped into the parking lot. It was full – there was a mall in the same area, so I guess that's why it's very, very full. I unbuckled my belt pushing myself in the space between the passenger and the driver's seat glancing at Jake, "Can I go?" Louis grunted stopping the car, then Jake nodded. "Just don't get lost."

As I stepped to the gate an old man with an angry expression flashed me a smile, he scanned the code on my phone then opened the gate for me.

I started putting the uniform on, Jake and Louis came minutes after me putting their uniforms on as well. The same old man from the gate came and explained the rules for us.

"Is your money ready?" Louis asked as he tied his shoes. We made a bet; if I lose, I buy them lobster, if they lose, they buy me steak.

I scoffed, "Is yours?"

Jake brushed his red hair back as he puts the helmet on, "Don't get your hopes up too high." I rolled my eyes playfully, putting my helmet on.

Wait till they find out I didn't bring any money. I'm one hundred percent sure that I'm going to win that steak.

I made my way through the tall trees and my God, this place was big. The ground was a bit wet but not muddy or slippery, there was wooden shields every couple of meters, and I saw two small houses since I'd started walking, but no people.

I kept on searching for people with red hand bands, wondering where my team was.

A sound something shuffling between the trees behind me made me flinch, just as I was about to turn around, a paintball hit me. Right. In. The. Boob. Ouch. That hurt like a fucking bitch. But it didn't break and smudge on my uniform. I groaned holding onto my boob, and a girl came skipping from behind me high fiving the dude who shot me, "Good job, Babe." He said to the girl, and I huffed seeing the red bands around their biceps. "We're in the same team, smarties."

They laughed, "Sorry." The guy said holding his girl's hand, "We'll help you find the rest of the team." The girl said, her voice cheery.

I followed them to a small house just like the ones I saw before they shot me. Going inside there was no one, I took my helmet off – knowing I shouldn't be doing it – "Is it just us?" the guy shook his head and looked at me with very beautiful grey eyes, "There's another guy but he's out there." I really need to win, and these couple look like they're here to just have a date, or I don't know something cute. I need to win, I don't have any money, Louis and Jake are going to kill me if I lose.

I ran outside looking for this one teammate, praying he'd help me win this thing.

I walked around the place, making sure to walk slowly and carefully. I heard sounds of someone running, I hide myself behind a tree and by each second that passes – the sounds of running gets closer and louder.