Eleven

Amelia

"It's been four days, Marcus!" I whined, I know that I'm kidnapped and being kept as hostage, but I don't want to be stuck in this room all alone with nothing entertaining. I don't even have a pen, a book, a tv... and he promised that he'd get me something, but he didn't.

I'm going to annoy him as much as I could until he lets me go.

He rolled his eyes as he inhaled a deep breath, "I don't understand you, Amelia. Do you want me to get you something? Because I did." "Do you want to leave this room?"

"Yes."

"No." he objected. Why did he ask me then?

I rolled my eyes at him, knowing it annoys him for some reason. "Why not?" he huffed as if I said something so silly. "You know why." I crossed my arms in front of my chest, "I do?" Marcus chuckled, his tongue darting to wet his lower lip. "I don't trust you out yet." I laughed. The last time I checked he was the kidnapper, and I was the hostage.

"Oh, you don't trust me, why?" I asked with a fake smile on my face. He raised his eyebrow as he spoke, "You don't trust me either." He forced a smile. I clicked my tongue, he knew all along, huh? This past week he has been playing dumb as I forced myself not to burst all my anger on him.

I walked closer to him, "You knew all along, didn't you?" he stood still as his eyes checked my face out. "Mm-hmm, all from the beginning." I walked even closer. "I hate you, Marcus Evans." I whispered. Yes, I'm that close to his face. He chuckled, "It's Black. Marcus Black is my real name." oh, so he lied from the very beginning. 

Sweet.

I felt the pain stinging my palm as soon as it hit his cheek, his face drifted to the side as I eyed his red cheek. Hot tears were filling my eyes, but I couldn't let them fall. Not in front of him. I stepped back as I took a deep breath that was now shaky. 

He fixed his posture and looked me deadly in the eye, his look was scary and dark. But my body was too hot, too furious to care.

"Did you lie about everything else?" I said and my voice broke. "Was the note also a lie?" I blinked my tears away. Why is this affecting me so much? Focus, Amelia.

His eyebrows were knitted with anger and his eyes filled with it. "My family doesn't own a farm." he admitted. I breathed in frustration, Marcus tried to get closer and tried to touch my shoulders, but I stepped further away from him.

"I'm sorry for lying to you." He said, his voice low and gentle. "This was the only thing. I promise." I shook my head in disbelief at myself. Why do I want to believe him? I took another deep-shaky breath. "I want to talk to Jake." The muscle in his jaw flexed and he looked angrier now. 

"No."

 I huffed, "That wasn't a question." His nostrils flared as he spoke. "You need to stop with that attitude of yours." I rolled my eyes and put my hand in front of him, "Give me my phone back." He stepped closer, but I stood still. "If you keep rolling your eyes at me like that... I'll pull them out of your head." I swallowed. 

"It seems like you have a thing for pulling eyes out."

 I remember hearing a rumor that Marcus told Chris that he'll take his eyes out of his head if he looks at me again. He chuckled – Tucking my hair behind my ear and leaned in but didn't say anything.

So, I did.

"I hate you so much." He laughed and his hot breath fanned my neck. 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."