Thirty-Five

Amelia

Alice noticed me first. She smiled, her small eyes almost disappeared as they wrinkled. She said something to my father before standing up. He turned his wheelchair to meet me, beaming at me.

"Hello love birds," I teased, going to hug Alice.

She wrapped her arms firmly around me, "It's been so long, Lu-Lu... you've grown!" I snorted, this woman is my favorite woman on earth.

I went to hug my father, he kissed both my cheeks twice. "I've missed you, my Lu-Lu." I smiled, going to kiss his cheek. "I've missed you more."

After Louis finished greeting both Alice and my father he asked if he could go and sit with Jake in the car since he wanted to tell him something. My father and Alice aren't going to be like my mother, they won't be cruel to me like she was. They'd support me, I know it.

Even though I spent the last hour and a half crying my eyes out because my life is kind of falling apart right now. But now I'm okay, I think my baby is a gift, I think my baby is going to fix my life.

I was catching up with Alice and my father, they said that they're thinking of getting promise rings but they're worried of what others might say about them, they said that maybe because they are older than other couples it might be kind of funny.

I convinced them to do it. Who cares what others think. They should do whatever makes them happy. They are adorable, people wouldn't judge them, they would wish that they'd find a love like theirs.

Alice said that she needed to go and see what her friends wanted from her. I love Alice, I really do. But talking to my father alone about this is more comfortable. But I wasn't going to tell her to leave, it's just more comfortable this way.

"Do you want me to tell you two fun facts?" I started. Yep, that's our way of confessing stuff to each other. Fun facts.

He hummed.

"Take a deep breath."

"Lu-Lu, what did you do?" his voice is firm. He's getting pissed and worried at the same time. "Just take the deepest beath ever."

He started inhaling with his eyes closed... "I'm pregnant and mother disowned me." I spat it all at once. He opened his eyes, wide. Dark. And furrowed. His eyebrows are knitted together.

"Your mother did what?"

I chewed on my bottom lip, "Lu-Lu..."

"She disowned me because I'm pregnant." he moved his chair to come closer to me and hold my hands. "What did she say?"

I swallowed, "She kicked me out. She said she no longer considers me as her own." My voice cracked.

He wrapped his arms around me, and I rested my head on his shoulder, "My baby is a sesame seed." I murmured on his shoulder. He chuckled, "It's still tiny." I pulled away, his brown eyes are red and so is his nose.

"Are you going to cry?" I laughed.

He lightly slapped my shoulder, "Quiet down." I laughed again, his response since forever. He doesn't like 'Shut up' because he thinks it's too mean, it's always 'Quiet down'.

"Is the father around? Do you want to tell me about him? Do I need to turn my legs on?" I snorted. Since I was a child he'd say that he can turn his legs on to kick other kids' butts if they were being mean to me. At first I thought it was true, and I'd lie about kids being mean to me just so he could turn his legs on and walk. But he always said that he should do it in private because if someone finds out – he won't be able to do it anymore. It was a secret that's only ours.

"No need to turn them on." Crap. What do I say... he can't know about the kidnapping, he'd collapse right next to me. I need to think of something.

"He's around, he's just busy right now. He's in the army." Really? Army? Jesus. At least he'll like him now.

His smile spread, he's proud, shit.

"Is he a gentleman?"

"He is." "Want to know fun fact number three?"

My father nodded.

"He's Louis's brother." He arched an eyebrow, "Is he as nice as Louis?" I nodded.

He is the best. Dad, really, he is. You don't even know how lucky I am to have Marcus. I could say he's like Alice for me. He is happiness, he is everything for me.

"Alice!" my father shouted to Alice from the other side of the room, she smiled, rolling her eyes playfully. She said she's coming. "It's okay if I tell her?" my father asked the stupidest question ever. "Why are you even asking?" he clicked his tongue excitedly.

I knew my father would be happy. My baby has three uncles, one grandfather and one grandmother, maybe soon he'll have his father back. I wish I could tell Olivia and Jade, they are traveling the world together. They never knew I was missing, Jake told them that I was with my father the whole time – I'm surprised how none of them found that one newspaper. But I guess kids our age don't care to read about the news.

"What is it you're shouting for, Linc?" Alice is embarrassed my father called her by yelling her name, she's all red, she looks so sweet.

"My Lu-Lu is having a mini Lu-Lu!" he said all excited. Her eyes disappeared again as she smiled. She put her hand on her chest, "Oh dear God! Really, Lu?" I nodded eagerly and stood up to hug her after she opened her arms for me.

"How far along are you?"

"As big as a sesame seed." My father answered for me. Can you tell he's excited? I snorted at him. "Five weeks."

"You're going to be the best mother, I just know it!" she clapped her hands. My father grinned, "She will be."

I hope I'll be.