Chapter 2

The scenery throughout the travel was as beautiful as ever. The sun shone down on the trees during the first few hours of the ride, and the leaves danced in the gentle breeze. Cacao felt relaxed during the journey, even on the bumpy road or when it got cold and dark.

Dark Cacao had forgotten how long this journey would be even on a carriage. The travelling took 5 hours to get to the neighboring kingdom, Hollyberry's Kingdom. He assumed he was late considering it was past dusk. He mentally scolded himself for forgetting this detail, he should've remembered from his past visits but somehow he didn't, and he hated that about himself. His memory.

He sighed, stepping out of the intricately designed carriage, dark browns with hints of medium browns and beiges decorating the beautiful thing. Although he sat on a comfortable, squishy seat, his knees still felt sore from sitting that long. He felt old, needless to say. He gave the beautiful castle a half smile. It's red stained glass covered most of the building, along with some red and white pillars holding the building up. He had forgotten how glamorous her palace was and almost felt out of place being there.

He also hoped later on he would be able to look through the Grandberry Market like they did when they were teenagers.

He took a moment to stroll through the beautiful berry gardens that Hollyberry grew around her palace. He adored her efforts to make such an astonishing view. "Only a fool would pass by the opportunity to admire this wonderful garden..." He spoke to himself, squatting down to feel the plant as if he had a connection with it. 'Amazing. I'm impressed by you, Holly.' He thought subconsciously. He has always appreciated everything Hollyberry did, ever since they had met. He was a very quiet and shy kid while Hollyberry was a loud and outgoing fellow since birth. One day, she walked up to him and asked him to be friends. He gained a lot more confidence since that fateful day. He's so lucky to have her by his side, he was well aware of that.

After a few minutes of happy memories flooding back to his joyous heart, he realized he should head inside to meet the others. With a deep breath, inhaling the wonderful scent of fresh berries into his lungs, he stood back up and jogged to the door. Two guards guided his way inside and to the meeting room. Suddenly a wave of nervousness hit him. 'What if he embarrasses himself?' 'What if he says something wrong?' 'What if no one gets along with him?' All of the negative 'what if's' filled his mind as he tried to keep up with the two guards, but then he remembered something Hollyberry had told them while they grew up.

"Stop with the what if's, Cacao! You'll never know unless you try, and if it doesn't go well then just- don't do it again. We're here to try new things, that's the point of living! You have to believe in yourself, otherwise you'll get nowhere in life." The teenage redhead scolded, pointing a finger at him accusingly making him blush with embarrassment.

His nerves calmed at the thought. He would be okay. During stressful situations where he questioned his every move, he would always thing of Hollyberries kind words. The guards stopped, "Here is the meeting room, do enjoy your stay," one said as the other stood beside them quietly. They looked sort of intimidating, but, he had no room to speak.

"Thank you," He spoke, somehow just now realizing his voice was raspy from barely speaking the past few weeks, or months. He couldn't remember. He cleared his throat and with a deep breath walked inside the room to see four Cookies laughing and smiling together. 'Damn, I knew I was late.'

Hollyberry glanced over, and her facial expression went from a calm yet happy expression to an excited and slightly shocked one. "Cacao!! You made it!" She hopped up from her seat and ran over to him, giving a bear hug, making him feel almost embarrassed. He gently wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back in a comforting manner.