Chapter 8

There will always be a time for someone to say goodbye. No matter how expected it is, it feels devastating to have to put the present in the past and walk away until next time. If there is a next time, that is.

Hollyberry squeezed Cacao tight as a momma bear protecting her cubs, savagely swaying him back and forth, causing him to become dizzy. "Oh, I'm gonna miss you! I barely see you anymore, please stop by more often!" She cried, tears of sadness staining her dark skin.

"Ghh-- you... you're squeezing me to death--" Cacao choked out, patting her on the back in an attempt to get her to cease her tight grasp on him. She hesitantly let go, staring at him with puppy eyes and a pouted lip. He sighed, "do not look at me like that... I will miss you just as much as you will miss me." He tried to refrain from looking into her eyes, he knew if he did he wouldn't be able to resist her pleading.

"But... this is the first time we've seen you in years! I don't want you to go, I'll miss you too much! Please, just stay a few more days, it could be years until you decide to visit again!" She begged, hugging him again, less tight this time. She couldn't have her best friend suffocating by her own hands, now, could she?

"You can always visit my kingdom, you know I won't ignore you... for long, at least." He half-assured, bending down a couple inches and wrapping his arms around her, giving into the embrace.

"Hey!" She pulled away, placing her hands on her hips while she huffed at his sarcasm, "ugh, yeah I know... But come on! Just a little longer, I know Golden Cheese is willing!" She claimed, pointing to the dark skinned girl.

She raised a brow, "don't drag me into this, girl, I need to get my nails done ASAP. I chipped them while I was here..." She picked at her chipped nail, blowing on it afterwards as if it were going to change anything.

"Are you kidding? You aren't gonna back me up?! This is the first time we've seen him in years and you're gonna give up an opportunity to spend more time with him just because of a nail?!" She complained, burying her face in her hands with defeat.

Golden Cheese ignored her tactics, instead turning to Dark Cacao, "anyways, I'm gonna miss you! It's been too long, we should seriously hang out more often, for the good ol' times. You're always welcome at my place, though. You know it, man." She wrapped her arm around his waist for a brief moment, him returning the gesture of farewell.

"Thank you, my friend. I am going to miss you both as well, I will not forget about you." She patted his shoulder at his simple response, sending a comforting look his way while she stepped to the side to bid farewell to the others.

Saint Lily and Golden Cheese were busy bidding their goodbyes to each other, giggling about an inside joke they came up with while Pure Vanilla and Dark Cacao were outside talking the other night. Pure Vanilla stared at the two, smiling to himself at the cuteness of the situation at hand, "feel free to stop by our kingdom if you get the chance!" He held his staff tightly, as it was his way of sight, and almost looked upset by the goodbyes as well. It was not often he got a chance to visit other kingdoms, let alone have free time.

"Thank you for your time and kindness throughout the past 24 hours... it's been wonderful to meet you two." Cacao thanked, bowing to them. Saint Lily used the tips of her fingers to cover her pink lips while she giggled at him, making him look up with confusion.

"You're too kind, King Dark Cacao Cookie, but..." She began, reaching her hand out towards Pure Vanilla as if hinting for something. Her sentence remained unfinished until the other Caught on after about five seconds.

Pure Vanilla handed Saint Lily his staff and she grabbed it without an ounce of hesitance, facing it towards them. He grabbed his hands, pulling him back into a straight stance, "no need for that kind of thing! It's been wonderful for us both to get to know you all, so you've already done plenty!" There faces were a mere three or four inches apart, making Cacao blush with surprise at the small distance. His hands immediately began to get clammy, making him embarrassed.