Chapter 3

"Well... what would you like to know, then?" Cacao asked, allowing Vanilla to seize his chance. The blonde smiled warmly to the invite, thinking through every small-talk question he could.

"Well, I suppose I would like to know what your kingdom is like. Who knows? I may end up visiting." Vanilla hinted the suggestion, but by the looks of it, it went completely over Cacaos head.

The dark-haired male seemed to take a moment to brew up a response, but eventually, he spoke. "Well... My kingdom is sort of... bleak. It--It's a glacial place. When you're walking through the woods, you can truly see the beauty of winter, although...it can be quite dangerous if you are not careful of your surroundings. Things will hide away in plain sight, and you scarcely have the time to react when something comes your way..." He explained, seemingly referring to a past event from his own experience. The blonde showed a look of concern for only a moment, then returning back to his casual, soft expression. He laid back into a more comfortable position-- setting his staff aside and placing both arms in his lap.

"I see... It sounds quite wonderful to me. I'm sure I would be plenty able to protect myself, especially with healing abilities as strong as mine in the scenario I did get hurt-- ah, sorry." He apologized, waving his hand defensively as he laughed awkwardly. Cacao looked confused, tilting his head like a dog whom couldn't understand a sound or word it's owner has said or done.

"Why do you apologize? There is no reason for such." He asked, looking back ahead of him. Through the windows he could vaguely see the three girls laughing excitedly over something, something Cacao would probably not find entertaining nor exciting whatsoever.

"Ah- I just.. began to ramble, is all." When the tan male spoke, it grabbed Cacao's attention to the conversation again. Wonderful, he began to space out for a couple seconds there.

"I do not find an issue, neither should you. That is completely normal," he declared, a soft breeze hitting his already freezing face. Due to being in a chilly environment most of the time, his body had grown used to being so cold. The only reason he noticed the breeze was his hair flying into his face, causing him to nearly inhale his own hair. "Bleh-- ugh." He scoffed, gripping the hair tie from his wrist into his mouth to hold it while wrapping up his hair into a messy bun. He then grabbed the tie out of his mouth and carefully tied it in place. Usually he did this when it got windy so he didn't have to deal with the burden of hair blocking his vision, or in this case, getting into his mouth when he had to speak.

Vanilla grinned, "I see. Well, thank you. The same goes for you, Dark Cacao." He whispered, grabbing his staff and tapping it two times onto the ground, its eye wearily opening at the action. Cacao stared uneasily at the thing, it was... creepy.

"Yeah...is your staff-- alive?" Cacao asked, unsettled by the things piercing... glare? He couldn't tell, for it would squint ever so often as if unravelling everything that had happened throughout his life, everything about who he is and his personality. His past, his present, and his future.

"Oh! Well, kind of. You see, It sort of works as my sight! I am..." Vanilla stopped momentarily. Cacao could see he was slightly uncomfortable due to the facial expression he was making. "I am blind, therefore my staff sees for me!" The blonde finished, tilting his head with the smile he wore every moment you saw him.

"I see..." Cacao mumbled, looking at his hand to avoid eye contact with the living staff.

"Haha, yeah..." Vanilla sighed, breathing in the fresh berry-scented air. Cacao did the same, stretching as he did so. As per usual, his vision nearly went black and his arms collapsed beside him. "Are you alright?" The blondie asked, a tone of concern lacing his beautiful voice. The singing of angels, that is all that Cacao could hear when Vanilla spoke.