Chapter 6

* v0miting

--

Everything was so dark...

Why was it so dark?

His surroundings were black as the midnight sky, the only difference being the lack of stars.

He couldn't register who he was, let alone where he was.

"Hello?" His croaky voice echoed out into the darkness, but the sound dissipated into nothing more than complete and utter silence. As much as he wished for some sort of response, some sort of sound to assure him he was not alone, there was nothing.

He struggled to get up, tripping and staggering as he attempted to stand. His whole body ached as if he was struck a thousand times with a sword greater than the weight of ten cookies.

Nausea began to kick in, and he collapsed onto his sore knees, gagging uncontrollably. But, he couldn't regurgitate more than the air in his lungs.

It hurt.

It was so painful to cough and gag only to get nothing out, it felt as if he were suffocating.

His stomach twisted and turned, and the awful sounds coming from his throat, as well as the rancid stench and flavor, made him more sick than before.

For as long as he tried and tried desperately to vomit and get all of his past meals out just to feel some relief, he couldn't. He shook and cried, hair falling into his pain stricken face. Tears fell down his face, the warm, saltiness rolling down from his pink eyes to his puffy cheeks. His insides felt as if they were being turned inside out.

He gripped his hair with both of his hands. Everything burned as if he were set on fire from the inside and brutally murdered a gruesome death a thousand times. He tried to breathe, but he could scarcely take a breath without hacking.

After a few minutes, he finally controlled the gagging. Every five or ten seconds he would cough, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it had just been.

What just happened?

He placed his hand on the ground, stabilizing himself and taking a steady breath. He still felt absolutely awful, but the feeling was much less excruciating as before.

He stayed on the ground for maybe five minutes, no thoughts consuming his empty head, before he attempted to get up once again. He took it slow this time, one pace after the other. Once he managed to keep balance on his bare feet, he tried to remember how he got here, who he was and why he was in this sad, forsaken place.

Name, name... What was his name?

He stared at his hands, his clothing... Dark... Dark... Yes, he's getting there, he knew it, just a little more...

His skin was a pure cacao color, the tone of it so chocolatey and smooth he was mesmerized by his own tint of skin.

Dark... Cacao... That was his name, it had to be.

Suddenly, memories flashed back in his head, war, suffering, pain, loss.

No, no, no... anything but that. Anything but something so traumatizing, anything but something so vile!

Then, a joyous feeling filled his rotting heart. A memory flooded into his mind, but all he saw was a child that resembled himself... The hair was short, but he was grinning like he'd been blessed with the greatest miracle to exist, and that smile was as pretty as a picture.