Chapter 4

A bountiful feast was served to the five, courses of delicious meals, appetizers and desserts to celebrate the newfound alliances. Plenty of stories, laughter, and old secrets were shared through the time spent at the table.

"My goddess...ness..., you really liked HIM in Highschool? Dude... your taste was-- awful!" Golden Cheese roared in laughter, nearly falling off her seat.

"Yes, yes I know! Ahaha! Ugh, he was ugly personality wise AND looks wise, jeez, I don't know what I was thinking either! But it's true, unfortunately..." Hollyberry giggled at herself, sighing as she smacked her palm to her forehead in self disappointment.

Dark Cacao and Pure Vanilla indulged in their own little conversations as the girls gossiped, completely disregarding the exchange which happened an hour and a half ago.

"Hey this uh... wine isn't so bad, huh?" Cacao commented, waving his glass in the direction of Pure Vanilla. He wasn't nearly drunk, not even tipsy, this was only his first glass, and his last. However, Golden Cheese and Hollyberry were drunk out of their minds, their words slurred with each word and Hollyberry already spilled the delicious, smooth red wine on the table twice.

"You are so right, ahem-- It's very... wine-y...uh-" Pure Vanilla struggled with finding the right word to describe the luxurious, tasty, and top-quality wine. The blonde was on his second glass, he thinks, at least. He grew tipsy due to the girls filling his glass back up for him even though he refused. He was just too kind to say no in that situation, especially when he rarely drank. Cacao laughed at his description, his eyebrows furrowed and the bridge of his nose scrunched as he did so. As he placed his arm on the table, leaning forward, Vanilla noticed that his voice was raspy, loud and yet so deep at the same time. Vanilla had to admit it was... rather hot? No, that's not the right word. Whatever. He gave off this certain aura when he laughed, making Vanilla stare in amazement.

"Wine-y?" He stifled, attempting to contain his laughter before he upset Vanilla. However, what he didn't know, yet at least, was that the blondie enjoyed the sound of his booming, confident sounding laugh. It was the kind of laugh that stung your eardrums for a good minute after hearing the noise, but also made you wanna listen for hours on end, like a teens first concert, for example.

"Ye-Yeah." Nilla stuttered, lips curling into a half-smile, seemingly forced although it was completely genuine. He was just slightly effected by alcohol. They had nothing left to talk about, so instead they just stared at each other, since, well, they couldn't really stare into each others eyes if Pure Vanillas were always closed. Either way, the action made Vanilla slightly nervous. Usually, he was not the type to feel nervous, especially under a situation such as this, though he just assumed it was the alcohol messing with his system. He gulped down the feeling with another sip of wine, sighing afterwards.

He took this silent time between the two guys, excluding the racket the women caused next to them, to overlook the room with more concentration. There were paintings and photos on the wall, one of Hollyberry herself, standing tall with a beautiful golden frame, one of a girl who looked as if she were a princess, and, surprisingly a lot like Hollyberry. Now onto the pictues, one was of both Hollyberry and Golden cheese posing in front of a sodafall, and one of Hollyberry, Golden Cheese and Dark Cacao in front of a soda fountain in the middle of the Grandberry Market right underneath the one of the two girls. This photo stuck out to Vanilla. The three looked younger, and by younger he meant around 16 or 17 years old. Hollyberry had short, wavy hair and a red jean jacket, as well as dark blue jeans. She wore her big, iconic smile proudly on her face as she hugged Golden Cheese in the photo for dear life. Speaking of Golden Cheese, in the picture she had long, luscious blonde hair and a dark brown crop topped, fitted tightly to her chest as if to show off her features, and she wore beige shorts that were cuffed at the bottom, and to accent the whole outfit she had on a brown trench coat and jewelry, and she also wore a confident smile. However, she looked high in the photo. Dark Cacao, on the other side of the photo, wore an awkward... smirk? And a black, puffy jacket. He still had long hair, but it wasn't nearly as long as it was now. It only reached just past his shoulders in the photo. Vanilla couldn't properly see what pants he was wearing since the photo was being taken by Dark Cacao himself. It was adorable.