He Saved Me Chapter Two

Chapter Two

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!

The sound of my alarm clock pulled me from the horrid memory and I rolled over in bed to silence it. Six o'clock...time for school.

I didn't want to go. Didn't want to have to deal with my teachers, my friends....my rescuer. Especially my rescuer. I hadn't spoken to him since that night.....

*** 

Three Nights Ago...Again

"What the HELL are you doing?!?!"

Who was that? Where have I heard that voice before? Before I could ponder this any longer, the newcomer's silhouette flashed to my side and pulled my attacker away before he had time to get up and run.

I watched him as he pushed my attacker up against the wall of the building and hammered him with his fists. Somewhere in the struggle to the wall, the knife had dropped to the concrete, so my attacker was defenseless, tucking his elbows to his sides and his fists to his temples to block most of the blows.

I tried to raise myself from the concrete and the action caused a cramp between my legs. I whimpered in pain, and my rescuer turned to me with a concerned look on his face.

"Bobby?" his name escaped my lips in a choked, bewildered whisper. I could hardly see him before in the darkness, but when he turned his head, his face was clearly visible in the moonlight. No. I had to be mistaken. Bobby Slade would not be helping me. I had insulted him on many occasions, openly speaking against him and everything he represents. Just last year I had caught him and his friends smoking behind the school gym and turned him in. He was arrested because of me; there was no way he would charge to my rescue against a man holding a weapon. But it was him...

A series of looks crossed his face and made my heart turn over in my chest. Concern, rage, terror, pity. It was the pitying look that had a direct affect on me, and a tidal wave of emotions pierced my heart. The tears that had somehow stopped during the surprise of seeing Bobby attack my attacker returned tenfold and gut-wrenching sobs choked me, making it impossible to breathe.

"Iso--SHIT!" While Bobby was distracted, my attacker had snaked down the wall to retrieve his weapon and escaped back into the shadows.

********* 

Bobby's POV

I had heard her screaming, and even over the quiet rumble of my truck, I knew who that terror-filled voice belonged to. 'Isobel?' my brain screamed at me, 'That's Isobel!'.

"NO, no, no, no....Please! Get off!!!! Get ooooooff!!!!!" her voice echoed through the alleyways, bouncing off each building until it made its way to the back of the grocery store my F-250 was parked at. Someone was hurting her!

"DAAAAAAADDYYYYYY!!!!!!!!"

 My feet barely touched the ground as I sprinted into the darkness to follow her voice, leaving the door open and the keys in the ignition. The desperation in her tone made me throw caution to the wind. If someone wanted the truck, they could have it.

 I slowed in the darkness when I didn't hear her voice anymore. "Come on Isobel, where are you?" I whispered as I glanced through every opening in my attempt to find her.

I stopped at the corner a bank when I heard the deep grunts of a man's voice. NO! I peered into the darkness, walking further into it. He moaned.

"HEY!!!" my brain didn't want to register what I was seeing. I stood there, feet frozen to the concrete, refusing to believe it. "What the hell are you doing?!?!?"