He Saved Me Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Isobel's POV

I had finally stopped crying. I don't know how long I had been there on the floor curled up in a ball before the sound of my own sobs finally subsided, but they had. At some point...

I felt so stupid. Why had I sent him away? I'd give anything to have him back with me now. To hold me. To tell me that everything really was going to be okay, and I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life hating myself.

I felt so angry! Why did I have to be pregnant?

I didn't want this baby...

I didn't want this life.

I would have given anything to just have died that night. Been killed...

That would have been better than this. I think.....

I could hear my own heartbeat accelerating as the anger and depression took control of me again and the tears burned my eyes. I wanted to scream.

Eventually I lifted myself from the floor and made my way into the bathroom to wash the tear stains off my face. I stared at the flow of water as if in a daze for five minutes before my mind snapped back into place and I placed my hands underneath the flow and splashed some across my face, the cool liquid soothing the sore puffiness slightly. I knew I must look like hell

I straightened up to get a good look at myself in the mirror only to realize that the medicine cabinet was open. Bobby must have left it when he used my bandages earlier. As I slowly lifting my right hand to close and latch it, I studied the contents. My hand froze in mid-air.

'I wonder...' I thought to myself. 'Should I....?'

'Could I....?' I answered.

'It would be better than this! ANYTHING would be better than this!!'

'But was there anything worse that THAT?' I argued with myself as I contemplated what to do.

I should do it. I could do it! It would be better than this.

Before I could argue further and talk myself out of it, I quickly lifted the small bottle of Tylenol from it's shelf and forced it open. The water was still running, this would be easy. I could end it...

All the pain. All the regret. The anger.....it would be over.

I poured the pills into my palm and studied them. I wonder how many I should take.

'All of them!" I answered myself.

I lifted my palm to my mouth.

'DON'T DO THIS!' my mind screamed at me.

'I have to...' I replied and shoved the pills between my lips.

"Honey I'm home!" my dad yelled cheerfully from the front of the house, and I choked and coughed all the pills into the sink. "Where are you?" He sounded closer this time.

I stood and watched my death go down the drain before I turned the water off and walked into my room. "I'm in my room." I called back to him miserably, trembling on my feet.

My dad appeared in my doorway with a ready smile on his face. "Well how was your day baby? I feel like we haven't talked in a while. Want to catch up?" he asked as he crossed to my bed and sat down.

As I watched him I felt guilty for the anger I had been feeling toward him. None of this was really his fault. He had always been a great dad. I joined him on the bed, sitting down with a sigh.

"Uh-oh," he said quietly. "What's wrong with my baby girl?" He lifted his hand and brushed some stray strands of hair away from my face and I leaned my face against it, greedily soaking up the comfort he unknowingly offered. A traitorous tear leaked from the corner of my eye and fell onto his hand. "Hey, hey, hey! What---?" He shifted on the bed to face me and then gathered me into his arms.