He Saved Me Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Sharon's POV

"Oh that poor child!" I said to myself as I parked my car in the driveway at my house. Both of Bobby's cars were parked as well so I knew he was inside. After Sunday night, I couldn't keep his things from him any longer, so I gave everything back on the condition that he consider his options about college more before he settled on a decision.

My hand trembled as I pulled the door handle and got out, the image of Isobel's pitiful body huddled into a ball in my backseat permanently etched into my brain. How could something like this happen to her. Not only was she raped, but now she had to deal with being pregnant on top of all of the emotions that were already swirling inside of her.

I had just dropped her at her house, and I was concerned for her. She shouldn't be alone at a time like this, but there was little that I could do after she told me that she wanted me to leave.

I had to tell Bobby...

I brushed tears from my face before unlocking the front door and entering. The first thing I noticed was my son stomping his phone into the floor at the base of the stairs, yelling obscenities at it. He froze when he noticed me standing in the foyer, the look in his eyes more than conveying his fear, frustration and concern.

"Mom!" he yelled and rushed to my side. "What happened? Why didn't you answer the phone? I called Isobel fifteen times and she didn't pick up either," he said desperately. "What happened?" he asked again.

"I--" I didn't know how to tell him. Whether he knew it or not, my son was in love with that girl, and I didn't know how he would take this new information."Baby you should sit down," I told him calmly, urging him to sit down on the armchair in the entrance hall.

"I don't want to sit down mom!" his voice cracked when he said my name. "Just---please. Tell me she's okay! Is it...does she have---"

My eyes widened when I saw that he was assuming the absolute worst. "No, honey. Uhh--maybe you should talk to Isobel?" I really didn't want to be the one to tell him.

His eyes were shining with unshed tears as he looked down on the floor at his crushed phone. "Like I said...I called her. She's not answering."

I opened my mouth to attempt to tell him again. "I--She had a complete physical examination, and tested negative for all STDs save AIDS and HIV; the test results aren't back for those two yet," I began.

He exhaled a long breath that I hadn't even notice he was holding and fell down into the chair that I had urged him to sit in earlier. I noticed a lone tear slid down his jaw when he squeezed his eyes shut. "Oh thank God!"

"But--"

He froze and looked at me again expectantly. "But what mom?"

"But baby, she's pregnant." I said in a rush, holding my head down because I didn't want to see his eyes when he realized when I had just told him.

I don't know what happened. One second, Bobby was sitting in front of me, the next, I could hear the door of his truck slam and the engine fire up.

He was going to her. More tears rolled down my cheeks as I closed the door that he had left ajar.

Isobel's POV

My heart was still pounding. It was pounding so hard that I could hear it's frantic and irregular rhythm as though my ear was pressed against my own chest.

I was standing in my room now, leaning my head against the mirror on my dresser allowing the coolness to slightly soothe away the headache that was beginning to throb at my temple.