He Saved Me Chapter Six

I posted a pic of Isobel to the right. I think Selena would be good for the role. I've always liked her anyway. *smiley face*

Chapter Six

Isobel's POV

It felt strange to be at Bobby's house. He had moved since we were kids. I didn't know that. I didn't think I cared, but I felt bad now, thinking back to when we used to be friends. We weren't best friends, but his parents always used to invite me and my dad over for parties and stuff. This new house was nice. Better than mine. Me and my dad could never afford to live in a place like this. It was a one story building, but it was so neat and well maintained. The grass was so green it looked fake. The grass at my house was turning an ugly golden brown color and there were patches where the grass wasn't even there.

We got out of the car and started to make our way around to the driveway next door. This house was bigger than Bobby's house next door. It was three stories with a balcony at each window upstairs. The lawn seemed to be even greener with flowers planted all around, making it look like we were walking into a fairy tale. Looking around, I wondered why Bobby was taking me here. So I asked.

"Why are you taking me here?" I looked up at him and he gave me a crooked smile.

"This is my house Iz. I have to park the car next door because I'm not supposed to have it remember?"

This was his house. I stopped and looked at it again. Wow. They were doing well for themselves. "This is a big house." I said.

He chuckled as we walked to the door. "I guess." I think I heard him mumble as he opened the door and stood aside for me to enter first.

I smiled a little. "No guessing. Trust me, this is a big house." I looked around as I entered and froze when I saw a very mean and angry looking woman the slightly resembled Bobby's mom standing at the foot of a staircase, leaning against the banister with her arms folded.

"If you say so Isobe--" He cut his sentence short when he turned to see his mom standing there. "Mom!"

"Where have you been Robert? I suppose you forgot the meaning of the word GROUNDED?!?!" she unfolded her arms and stood up straight.

"Mom, don't over react. There was an emergency. She needed me?" he took a step forward and grabbed my hand. "I wouldn't have left the house otherwise," he added.

"Emergency my ass! Robert Slade, I will not have you disobeying me because you received a fucking BOOTY CALL or whatever you call it at 6 in the afternoon! I've told you before that I will not have you bringing your trash into my house!"

I gasped at took a step back. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come here." I said, taking another step back, trying to pull my hand for Bobby's grasp.

"No, wait Iz." his fingers tightened around mine. "Mom what is wrong with you? I understand you being mad at me! I've come to expect your disappointment. But there is no reason for you to target a friend that I bring over! I don't bring girls here because I respect you too much to do that. Only you don't realize that because you only look for the bad! I have never brought a girl here, even before you told me I couldn't. Think about it! This is not a 'fucking booty call' as you put it! This is a friend who needed me, and I was going to be there for her. With or without your approval!"

Her eyes grew as big as saucers at the tone of his voice. I don't even think she heard what he said, just that threatening tone. "I don't know what you do here when I'm not home Robert! You could have screwed every whore in Brooks County here for all I know. Frankly, I'd rather not know. But the fact of the matter is, I told you that you could not leave this house other than for school for two weeks! I don't care what [quote unquote] 'EMERGENCIES' arose! And how did you find out about this so called emergency in the first place?" her eyes narrowed to slits as a thought popped to her head. She held out her hand and stepped forward. "Give me the phone!" she squealed.