He Saved Me Chapter Thirteen

Introducing a new character!! Eric Dane will be playing our beloved Bobby's lawyer. HE'S OVER THERE-------->>>>

AGAIN--THANK YOU FOR ALLLLL THE SUPPORT! :D

Chapter Thirteen

Bobby's POV

My anger had not calmed down yet. They had had me in here for over an hour, and my fucking lawyer was late. I paced back and forth in the holding cell they had placed me in and cursed the day Daniel Jones was born. He had better get his ass here fast or he would be out of a job!

I didn't like this at all. For the past hour and a half, all I had was time to think about Isobel and her baby and the way she had just kicked me out of her house like I was nothing. How could she treat me like that?

The sound of a lock being turned had me turning around. "Oh look who finally fucking showed up?!?!" I said impatiently to Daniel.

As usual, he was decked out in Gucci attire. I pay him too much. He raised a brow and looked at me quizically. "Bobby what the hell were you thinking driving that fast? And then talking to a cop like you have no sense at all? I had to put on a lot of pressure to get them to agree to release you and make all this disappear!" He took my arm and began leading me down the hallway. "Officer Peters didn't want to let this go! Oh, and here." He handed me a plastic bag filled with my things.

"Who the hell is Officer Peters?" I asked, pulling my wallet out of the back and sliding it into my back pocket. "Here, help me with this." I stopped and pulled my watch out of the bag and turned my wrist around for him to clasp it on.

"The guy who arrested you!" he put the watch on and glanced at a spot behind me. "Oh, and I have some bad news..."

"Thanks." I turned the watch around and looked at him with a frown. "What bad news?"

He nodded his head, gesturing for me to look. "They called your mom."

I turned to see an angry Sharon Slade storming into the doors of the police station.

"What the fuck? Who called my mom?" I yelled, looking around.

A lot of the cops looked at me and then continued on with what they were doing, but Elmer Fudd just stared into my eyes with a smirk on his face. "YOU!!" I started for him, but Daniel grabbed my collar and pulled me back.

"You don't want to do that Bobby. Even I wouldn't be able to make an assault charge against an officer of the law disappear. No matter how much money we throw at it. Heads up, she's spotted you."

We both turned around to watch mom approach us.

"Bobby Slade what the HELL were you thinking!!!!" She stopped in front of me and folded her arms on her chest, tapping her right foot angrily as she glared at me. "You could have killed somebody!! You could have killed yourself!!!"

I didn't speak. Anything I said could and would have been used against me. I definitely didn't want to tell her what had happened with Isobel.

"Ma'am, everything has been taken care of." Daniel said awkwardly.

Mom's death glare turned onto my lawyer. "And who the hell are you?"

"Ma'am, my name is Daniel Jones. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand and mom hesitantly took it.

"Daniel Jones? Why does that sound familiar?" she stared at him for a full minute before her eyes narrowed into slits. "Aren't you my ex husbands lawyer?"

Oh shit! Sliding my shoulder between the pair and effectively breaking them apart, I began to lead my mom out of the police station with Daniel following. "No mom, he's not dad's lawyer, what are you talking about? Let's go home--"

"No--" she stopped at the bottom of the steps and turned to look at Daniel. "No, I remember your name from the envelopes. Your office sends Me child support and alimony every two weeks! What are you doing here?"

Daniel looked at me from the corner of his eye and then averted his attention back to mom. "No ma'am. I'm sure there are more that a few lawyers by the name of Daniel Jones. Your ex husband's lawyer must be someone else. Again, it was nice to meet you, now if you'll both excuse me..." Daniel escaped before my mom had time to process his lie and shoot another question at him.

Smart guy...I should give him a raise.

***

Sharon's POV

'Wow!' I thought, watching Daniel Jones disappear in what looked like a brand new Mercedes. 'That is one beautiful man!' I snapped myself out of thoughts that would soon turn lustful if I wasn't careful.

They were lying to me.

I don't know how I knew it, but looking at my son, I could just tell he was lying to me. What was Robert's lawyer doing here?

"Bobby what's going on here?"

He sighed and looked at me. "You're right mom. That was dad's lawyer. I called him to come and get me because I didn't want them to call and bother you."

So that means that his father would know about this incident. I didn't like that one bit.

"Speaking of which, I ask again...Bobby what were you thinking driving that fast?"

A look of pain flashed behind blue eyes that looked exactly like my ex-husband's, and he looked down at the pavement three seconds too late. I could tell that he had been hurt. 'Oh,' I thought, 'Something had happened with Isobel.'

Not really feeling strong enough to watch my son in pain any more, I decided to let him off the hook. If it had something to do with Isobel, I could imagine what he was going through. "Look, let's just forget it. Go get your truck and meet me at the house."

Bobby's eyes widened in surprise. "Are you serious? Forget it?" It was uncharacteristic of me to drop a matter this serious.

"Look boy," I began playfully. "Count your blessings and go get your truck! Your punishment is having to stay home tonight and watch a chick flick with your grumpy old mom."

He laughed and kissed my cheek. "Come on mom, don't be so hard on yourself." I smiled at him as he walked away. "You're not grumpy...just old..." He burst out laughing and ran before I could get ahold of him.

I giggled before I stepped into my Lexus and pulled out of the parking lot to head home.

***

When I got there, Bobby was just getting out of his truck. How did he get his paperwork done and get home before I did?

I parked my car and opened the door. "Bobby, didn't you just get arrested for speeding? How did you get her so fast?" I asked him after I had locked my door and joined him.

He looked at me guiltily. "Shortcut?"

"Yea whatever honey, try again."

We had just made it to the front door and Bobby had pulled out his key to unlock the door when we both heard footsteps approach from behind us, and I heard a voice thta I hadn't heard in eight years.

"What's this I hear about our son being arrested?" Robert Slade Sr. said from just three feet away from us.

Bobby and I looked at each other, and I watched something in my son snap. He dropped his keys, and with a look of pure hatred in his eyes, he attacked his father.