Chapter 2 - Thanks For The Help

Hey guys, this is an author's note. :D Thanks for coming here to see the 2nd chappie! I hope you enjoy the story. Brace yourselves guys, this might get a bit bumpy.

***

The funny thing about popular people is that they are popular for the wrong reasons. When you think of a popular kid you think of a person who excels academically, someone who is active in extra-curricular activities, someone who actually cares about our society, and someone who cares for everybody’s welfare.

But no, these ‘popular kids’ that we rejoice are people who puberty was nice to. They have the face, the riches, and a ‘bubbly’ personality. When I say bubbly, I mean loud girls who are too blunt for the sake of the crowd. To make the crowd rejoice them even more, they make fun of other people’s insecurities just because they are too ‘blessed’ to have flaws; physically none, but personality-wise? Don’t even get me started.

A concrete example to this is my ex-friend Stephanie Mackenzie. She was such a sweetie back in grade school, but at the course of middle school, every sense of proper manners and etiquette faded away faster than quicksand. I just dislike her so bad that if she was on fire and I had a bucket of water, I’ll probably just water my non-existent plants. That’s how worse it is going to get.

She is such a female dog that I want to slap her. But that would be animal abuse, so I’d rather not. As I thought of these gruesome thoughts, someone knocked on my door and I sat up swiftly.

“Who’s there?” I shouted a tone in my voice so innocent.

“It’s me.” Mom’s voice shouted back. I stood up and started rearranging the piles of books and other shenanigans I had inside my room. I kicked the box that was full of snacks under my bed because we had this rule about not eating upstairs.

I smoothed the carpet lines with my right foot and straightened my outfit just so I can look ‘presentable’ for my mom (which was rare); because otherwise she would nag my butt off again. “Come in.”

She twirled the doorknob softly and entered my room, looking around to see if my room was clean. I looked around too and I was pretty proud of what I have achieved. My cabinets were neatly arranged with my clothes, the books were on their shelves, the pens in their holders, and my snack box is hidden under my bed.  She nodded slightly, indicating that I did do well in keeping my room presentable.

She looked at me now and examined me. I hope my outfit is okay. I looked down examining myself too.

“Fix your hair dear, it looks like it has been occupied by a family of birds.” I almost rolled my eyes. Shoot. Why could I possibly forget about that? Of course, I having messed up hair inside the house could probably cause the apocalypse. This is doomsday everyone, brace yourselves.

I didn’t move. “So, did you sort things out with dad?”

She wrinkled her nose. “I think things have gotten worse, honey.” My eyes widened.

“What are you talking about?” I sat back down on the bed and saw mom as she mentally disapproves of my action, probably thinking that it was not something that a woman should do when ‘company’ is around.

“Stephanie’s parents are planning to file a lawsuit against—“

“Me?” I cut her off. Something that I’m sure won’t enlighten her. “That’s not possible! I’m too young for a lawsuit.”

She closed her eyes impatiently; her wrinkles unintentionally came into view. “Not you, silly.” She had difficulty restraining her voice. “Your dad and I.”