Chapter 14 - What's Not To Love?

Told you updates were snail-paced. :( 

***

Tank tops are such a tease. It’s much more of a tease when the golden boy of my school was in front of me wearing one.

Now he didn’t look like one of those YOLO, swag brother types, but even if he did, he would be the cute YOLO, swag brother types. There is definitely a difference, people.

Damien was still wearing his tank top, probably aware that girls around his vicinity were looking at him and nodding with approval. His hair was not in a quiff now, but he looked pretty darn fine. And hey, that was a compliment.

I didn’t get why he was carrying a massive backpack though.

I froze and my heart fluttered a bit. “What?”

“Don’t let me repeat what I said, butt face.” I noticed that butt face was already a little pet name that he already assigned for me.

 He looked at me with a, “my pride is already damaged enough” look. Winston was jumping right at him, barking at him playfully.

I looked at the skies and noticed that it was already sunset. Woo, time really was fast when you were preoccupied.

He looked down at Winston and gestured for him to calm down. Surprisingly, the dog followed him diligently. His tail wagged back and forth and it was clear that he was very excited.

Well, not to alarm anyone or anything but um, I’m sort of…bleeding?

“Now, tell me, how did you get that horrible cut?”

“Well, I, uh, chased after Winston because he sort of broke the leash and I think his collar broke…”

Then I realized that his collar, well, broke.

Out of nowhere, some douche decided to throw a stick. Whoosh, it went. I looked at it as it zoomed past us.

I don’t know where it came from, it appeared out of nowhere.

I looked at Winston, or should I say, the spot where he was just a few moments ago; because now, the excited pooch was running again.

Oh, why?

“Damien! Look!” I shouted at Damien, who was still looking at me. At the sound of my voice, he quickly looked back. When he saw Winston almost get hit by a swarm of teenagers who were making fools of themselves, he started sprinting.

Yeah, hell started to break loose.

I knew that it was bad to be just sitting there and not doing anything, but could you possibly blame me?

Watching Damien’s impressive stride in jogging intrigued me. One look at him and you could tell that he was athletic. Maybe it’s that boyish walk, or his body build, or his hair making that too good to be true wind effect.

But I had to admit, it sort of entertained me when his backpack started bopping up and down. The contents of the bag seemed to be heavy because he was struggling to keep up with Winston.

When I finally concluded that Winston was my responsibility, I ran after them. In the long run, I had the privilege to meet people from all walks of life again. Like, this should be used as a new way in meeting people from different kinds of sectors in society.

Bid farewell to the traditional travel the world and meet new people thing, you should try jogging. Like, you’ll burn extra calories, and meet a lot of peeps.