Chapter 4 - Probably A Start Of Something New

Heeey guys! Welcome to the FOURTH (oh yes, fourth!) part of A Furry Story. If you have come this far, this only proves that you are now part of the club.

Just a friendly reminder that I always update on Fridays! Today is Friday, (in my country anyway), so here is a promised update!

Keep in touch, sweeties and Happy Reading!

***

I shook so badly that people around me probably thought that I was having a sugar rush. I just stood there looking at everything that was happening like it was a movie on fast forward.

I didn't even have time to look at it intently because someone tapped me on my shoulder. When I turned around, he wasn't even looking at my face, but he was already talking. "Hey, I'm Josh. I will be-"

He looked at my face. I saw a guy with big curly hair and good teeth. He was about my age and you can totally tell that he was considered a geek. But I honestly think he has a golden heart inside of that wimpy body of his.

"You're Allison?" His tone didn't sound appealing and it came off like he was saying;

"You're the rich girl who's supposed to be extremely attractive?"

Okay, maybe there isn't a heart inside of that wimpy body.

He eyed me up and down and I swear I felt so self-conscious. I nodded meekly, trying to shake the nerves away. It was obvious that he made an effort into meeting me. His hair looked perfectly placed and his way of clothing clearly wasn't what he is supposed to be wearing in an average day.

Well his effort was obviously put into waste because looking at his disgruntled face, it clearly states that things didn't go the way he wanted it to be. "Um," He said awkwardly. "Follow me."

He probably thought that the 'rich-girl-who-got-into-trouble' is a girl like Stephanie; Snobby, shabby, and had perfectly trimmed nails. Oh great, another person who I disappointed. Dang, Josh. I honestly thought you were a nice person in general.

He walked straight ahead, and led me towards the front desk. While we were walking, this was the first time I actually saw the structure of the place. Its design was complex in a way that the room looked like a big oval. The front desk, a semi-circle, stood in the middle of the room, welcoming the guests from the door.

The interior design wasn't bad either, as they were aiming for the traditional with a hint of modern style. The colours of peach, brown, and white splattered the area. It looked more of like a hotel lobby than an animal shelter to me but I guess it's just a way for them to say, "Hey, we're totally approachable."

I followed Josh, and the confident streak that he had in his personality a while ago disappeared and all I saw was him, walking lamely, with slumped shoulders. I didn't see his face but if I did, I would've seen a very disappointed man.

As he approached the front desk, he whispered something to the blond lady in front of me and turned around. "I guess my work ends here," He said, quite enthusiastic ally. "See ya." He then, happily, walked out of our conversation and I was left alone.

Again.

***

Damien sighed in total frustration as his mother explained to him what was happening with his father and his job. He was frowning every single time his mother said something about him getting a job or finding some way to make income.

His mother offered selling rice cakes and other delicacies while his father had two jobs; businessman by day, food truck master at night.

"Hey, at least I'm enjoying the best of both worlds." His father would say. They all laughed at his lame attempt to make a joke in the most awkward scenario.