Chapter 17 - A Thing Or Two

Okay, you guys. I know I haven't updated for awhile now, and then here I am out of nowhere, suddenly giving you an update that in my opinion, isn't that good :( Sorry you guys. But thank you for the people who still wait for an update. You are the best. 

Can you forgive me if I say you can have Damien? 

:P Okay, okay, read on!

***

I closed the door behind me quietly, with Magda escorting me in and giving me a look of warning. I guess Mom and Dad were in the house.

"Can someone explain to me why a certain someone came home late today?"

Mom.

I sighed as I slowly locked the door, trying to kill time.

"I second that notion. I am quite interested as to why you've been breaking school rules and home rules now."

Dad.

I turned around slowly, my shoes squeaking in the process.

They looked quite funny. Mom had a face mask on, and my dad was wearing his robe and his ever famous bunny slippers. They were both leaning on the staircase, judging me.

"I can explain." I said, but it sounded more like a question than a statement. "I did some volunteer work in the shelter, remember?" 

Mom nodded sarcastically. "Don't tell me you've been scooping animal waste and petting cats for about 12 hours?"

"Uh, not exactly... I've been walking dogs."

Mom nodded with fake sympathy, those glints in her eyes evident. She's ready to strike.

"We dropped by the shelter awhile ago, we were going to surprise you actually." Mom said. "We thought it would be fun to go get dinner. But you weren't there. And the receptionist, Brenda was it – she told us you signed off hours ago. Care to explain that?"

Err...I looked at Magda for help. I know that she will always be in my side and she will never be capable of-

"It's a boy sir. She was with a boy."

"Magda!"

So much for not being capable of harming me in any way.

"A boy?" My mother's eyes lit up. She was always forcing me to go put myself out there. She always talked to me about her friends' daughters getting heaps of suitors and admirers and how she wished she could say the same too.

'Not that I'm forcing you to date or anything, just you know... it would be nice to know someone appreciates your beauty. Besides your father and I, of course.'

Her words, not mine.

"N-no,"

"So he's not a boy?"

"No, I mean, uh, yes he is a boy but it's not what you think."

"He's a...lady boy?"

"What? No! What I mean by that is we're just friends..."

My mom looked at me unimpressed.

"He's gay, isn't he?"

I looked at her, appalled. "Mom! He's straight, okay? I mean, as far as I know, and he's a boy, and he's really nice. We just got done with our tasks,"

Okay, maybe not necessarily.

"And we got hungry, so we went out for dinner. But it's completely platonic, I swear!"