Chapter 10 - Messed Up Appetites & Awkward Situations

Hey guys! A Fast update for y'all. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Listen to the song on the side because it is a great song so check it out. Okay, maybe not a fast update but a loooong one!

REAAAAAAD AWAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!

***

 After I finished all the screaming that I had done, I hastily brushed my teeth and slept a dreamless sleep. Be a foster parent of an animal for a week? Heck, I can’t even stand being with an animal for a good five minutes without passing out. (The scenario two days ago was a good example.)

And now, staring at my oak ceiling just woke up and everything, I think about everything that I had to do.

Socialize cats? What the, how am I supposed to do that? Hello there mister cat, meet miss cat. Now go and fall in love and make ‘cute’ kittens? It was as complicated as it already is.

But I guess I just had to go with the flow. Let’s look at the brighter side of the picture; I can leave the shelter whenever I wanted to, just after finishing all the assigned tasks. That’s not too bad, right? Let’s just take our sweet time and all is well.

As I thought of all these things, I heard a persistent knock on the door and I sat up, slowly. I walked towards the door, and opened the door slightly. It was Magda.

 “Yes?” I asked. “What is it?”

She laughed. “It’s a Monday today. You’re lucky I even—“

“It’s a Monday?!” I screamed. I swiftly stood up, my hair still tangled in knots, and walked towards the bathroom inside of my room. Magda followed me casually inside the bathroom. “Oh, I think I’ve got that Trigonometry test today!”

“It’s all good.” I heard Magda say with her thick Mexican accent. “There are no classes today, remember?”

I was now trying to tame my hair with a wooden brush and froze.  I sighed with exasperation and ironically smiled at the situation. Oh yeah, the teachers have some sort of seminar for better teaching so we don’t have classes today.

I started laughing. “I hate you! You got me all worked up!” I said sarcastically to Magda. I looked at her and she looked bewildered.

“You hate me?” She asked with confusion. Oh, I forgot the language barrier.

“No, I mean, I hate you,” I explained. “But, like, I still like you.”

She started scratching her head, trying to understand the situation. “Anyway, your mom thought that it was best for you to start volunteering for the shelter right away.”

My mom thought? That was interesting. I groaned.

“But it’s too early…” I said.

***

After being forced into going to the animal shelter at 8 am, there I was, biting my lower lip ferociously because of embarrassment when I realized that the animal pound wasn’t even open yet. I was still staring at the sign relentlessly.

Open from 10 am – 10 PM.

I silently cursed and sat hopelessly on the stairs of the entrance. Magda’s effort was obviously put to waste; she did all that she can to drag me out of my hibernation stage and take a shower.

 She tried blackmailing, a lot of arm tugging and even a bit of Salsa dancing (don’t even ask).

Apparently, it wasn’t early at all for Damien. Because I saw him walking towards the entrance and he was clearly deep in thought. He didn’t even notice that I was there blocking his way. Talk about feeling special, huh?