Father?

I rest for just only 2 days to treat my bruises and injuries.

"Y/n? Are you already fine?" I heard Rengoku-san talked to me as I finished tying my hair.
"Yes! Besides this is my first mission with you so I don't wanna miss or skip it." I replied and I saw Rengoku-san stiffens a bit. Yes, I'm not lying, I don't want to pass this mission, just to be with him. Besides, I want to see him fight.

-------›
We already arrived at the town where there are tons of reports of the people who vanished every night.

"There's a lot of people in here even though it's night time." I spoked as I wander my eyes in my surroundings. Yes, this town is like a Red Light district but it is small. Tonight, there will be a firework festival and we are sure that the demon will appear.

"Yeah, the demon might appear at any time, don't let your guard down, Y/n." Yeah, Rengoku-san is right. But I wonder, in the report, it only says that only men are those people who vanished, no women missing report. Maybe the demon dislikes the taste of the women?

"Y/n!!!!!" I heard a familiar voice, it's my bestfriend. I didn't expect that I will see her here.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!" she said, I don't know if she's just so excited or she's shouting at me.
"I'm with someone..and we have a special mission, you know.." I replied while looking at Rengoku-san who's eating some buns at the store.
"Wait don't tell me, you're a demon slayer now?" she asked, suddenly her face changed when I nodded.
"It's dangerous Y/n, you will never know when will you encounter a strong demon that can surpass you. Your life will be at risk, you know that right?" I was on my way to talk back when I heard Rengoku-san meddled with our conversation.
"No worries, I, Rengoku Kyojuro, will always protect her." he said with a serious face and tone.
"Oh my... Are you Y/n's soon to be husband?!" and there she goes again.
"Yes, nice to meet you, you must be one of Y/n's close friends." he replied with a high energy.
"What are you doing in here?" I asked her, she shouldn't be in here just by hersel--
"I'm with my boyfriend! So no worries." she replied as she walked through my side.

"How's my father?" I whispered at her, and her face dropped.
"I haven't heard anything to your father, when I tried to pay a visit in your house, nobody is home, but everything is in place, your house is clean. I thought you know where your father is..." she replied, my body feels like I got splashed with a cold water.

"Y/n let's go there, I sensed something." I heard Rengoku-san talked.
"okay, I'll be right behind you." with that he started to take his path through the direction where he sensed something.
"Don't worry, my father is fine, maybe that time when you pay a visit he's not around, or maybe he traveled...something like that." Yeah, father might not be around that time or maybe he traveled somewhere.
"Yeah..you might be right. Anyway, you should keep going Y/n, fulfill your mission. Be safe okay?" she hugged me and I hugged her back.

I dashed towards to the direction where Rengoku-san pointed out earlier. It is a pathway to the forest. I saw him frozed in his heels.

"Rengoku-san is there any demo--." my senteced git cutted when Rengoku-san shouted at me.
"Don't look!" he looked...stressed.
"Huh? Wh--"
"I said don't--" but it's too late. I already saw what he don't want me to see.

"F-father?" In some reason, my blood boiled, who did this to my father?! They turned...my father...into a demon.

"Father why are you like that?" I asked while tears stream down to my face.
"Who did..this?"
"Why?"
"Since when?"
"FATHER ANSWER ME!" I asked him while I cover my face with my palms.