My Eternal Flame

When we finished eating our dinner, I decided to go in the garden to check my favorite flower, plum blossom.

Should I sleep in his room?

This is the only thing that got plastered in my mind.

"Y/n?Can I sit beside you?" I heard Senjuro said in my back and I just replied it with a 'hmm mmm' and tapped the space next to me.

"It's already night, why are you still up?" I asked him while looking at the plum blossom tree.

"Big Brother said that he will wash our dishes before taking a bath..... You must've really like the plum blossom tree, Y/n."

Yeah, it is. Because it is also my brother's favorite because they bloom in his birthmonth. When I'm looking at it, I feel like I'm looking at my brother's handsome and bright face.

"Yeah...I feel like I'm looking at my brother. Plum blossom usually bloom in late winter to early spring, from February to March, which is my brother's birthmonth." I felt him freeze and look in the ground.

"Senjuro? Did Rengoku-san had a girlfriend before?"

Wait? Wtf did I just asked

I looked at him with my embarassed face, but to my surprise, he looks more happy.

"I think Big brother didn't have any relationships before. Due to his busy schedule and his work, he didn't have time to find someone."

"oh..."

"but when he heard the marriage proposal of our parents, I saw him lighten more up than to his usual face. So I asked him why. He just said "I liked her name." That's what he said."

"Does my name sounds that.....good?"

"Hmm.. I think my brother did just make that excuse, there is a deeper meaning from what he just said. Goodnight Y/N." He said while getting up and bow in front of me.

"I liked her name huh." for some reason, I really liked it when Kyojuro say my name everytime.

A few more minutes and I felt the cold breeze touching my cheeks and feet.

When I was about to stand and and get ready to go in my room, I saw Kyojuro on my side.

"Wha--! When...?" to my surprise I only just said when. I didn't even felt his footsteps. Well, that's what would you expect from a Hashira.

"Just minutes ago when you're starting yawning." he let out a small laugh.

"Are you sleepy already?" he asked again, he looks good with his Yukata.

"No, just hap--"

With that, Rengoku-san placed his head on my shoulder, and he took my hand and played with my slender fingers.

I'M SHOCKED, SO MY BODY GOT STIFFENED.

"U-uhm Rengoku-san?" I asked him hoping he would distance himself with me.
"Please let me stay like this for a minute....Can I?"

A minute of silence surrounded us.

"Yes.."

A minute of silence surrounded us again when Rengoku-san placed his head in my lap.

"Y/n..Do you like someone?" i was kinda shocked from his question. But, Honesty is the best policy right?

"I do like someone."