️🥰️🥰️🥰️🥰️🥰️🥰️'🥰️| 6

.UNEXPECTED.

Miko's POV :

It is the day of the mission with the other tsuguko's. My father was not nice to me the day before yesterday. He put me in hours of training and eventually had to stop because i threw up from not eating for a while. And i heard him mutter 'wimp' when i went to go and eat, but i brushed it off. I felt like i was so use to it. Muge was also going to go to final selection and the place that im going to the mission is the same way towards where the final selection is going to be in, so she was coming with me.

"Im nervous. What if i don't survive?" muge said slightly worried. I gave her a pity look. "Im sure you'll do fine. I doubt that you won't survive the selection. You've worked hard you know?" i replied back still giving her a pity look. She gave me a small smile and hummed in response. We almost arrived to the mountain for her selection. When we arrived she gave me a slow wave and i waved her back. Mouthing goodluck to her

Even though i know that she will survive the selection, i can't help but feel a bit worried for her. But she's been training for months now and she's improving a lot. She worked hard to be a demon slayer and became really talented so im sure there's nothing for me to worry about.

(Timeskip)

I already arrived and already met with Zaky, Mai, Toujuro, Shizu and Koto. We had a little conversation until we finally had to seperate to look for any scent of a demon or clues. I suddenly felt a strong demon prescense near am abandoned looking building. As i got closer, it just got stronger and stronger.

When i got there, there were a lot of vines covering the house but a clear path to the front door. It was locked. But i just decided to punch and kick my way through it. After a few attempts it finally created a hole for me to unlock the door from the inside. It was pretty much dark and empty on the inside but the filth from this house made the house smell really awful.

I eventually made in contact with a certain room and i could hear sort of like clawing noises. I see a demon eating up a human. It kind of reminds me of the day of my first mission. I went to try to cut off the demon's head instantly but the demon was gone in a blink of an eye. I look behind to see that the demon pretty much teleported far behind me.

"Geez, don't try and interupt my dinner." the demon said and slowly turned to me. The demon had her hair covering the front of her face and there were horns covering her head. She is also pretty short. Even though she looks pretty weak, she's the one i could sense a strong sense of demon blood.

"You... I could sense you have amazing strenght... I also see that your a demon slayer, but your not a hashira... What a shame." the demon said while smirking at me. "Oh well, looks like i can keep and kill you to be eaten as a late night snack." the demon continued.

"Try and kill me. I bet you couldn't even lay a single finger on me." i said starting to get angry and i could see my veins popping out of my knuckles. The demon simply giggled and threw the dead man behind her. "That's the spirit. But i wonder how can you handle an uppermoon five." the demon said between laughs and moved her bangs so i could see the writing on her eyes.

The demon is Gyokko's twin who has abandoned each other ever since they became demons years ago.

Mai's POV :

I kept on trying to find any clues on where this demon is until i got lost in a scary looking alleyway. I suddenly heard footsteps and i stood there and froze.

"Look who we have here. Another girl to feast on." i backed away quickly and immediantly cut his hand off but he immediantly regenerated. I also noticed that he was an Uppermoon two. A few minutes later of us having a tensed up conversation, Shizu and Toujuro came to my side to help me fight the uppermoon.

I tried my best to survive those very painful attacks he was giving back.

Miko's POV :

Its been an hour since i've been fighting this demon and i've only received minor cuts on my face but nothing too serious. Until then Koto and Zaky joined me on fighting the Uppermoon. I used a lot of different serpent breathing forms and its making me feel very exhausted. The demon looked like its barely injured, just sweating on us fighting him.

(Timeskip to near Sunrise)

Im starting to feel really light headed and feel like im gonna collapse any second. Koto and Zaky also looked really worn out. The demon who i learned her name was Uhte, was also getting quite exhausted. Me, Zaky and Koto planed on how were gonna beat Uhte. Since the sun is coming up were gonna wait until the sun goes up and we'll bring her to the sun to burn. It might be a bit of a challange but we hoped it will work.

We ran outside so that she could get out of the abandoned house on her own. Eventually the sun was coming up and Uhte was trying so hard to try to run away from the sun but i grabbed her legs and Koto and Zaky used their breathing forms to stop her from going anywhere.

"LET GO OF ME YOU LITTLE PIECES OF SHIT!" the demon shouted but i blankly ignore him. The sun started burning him and he eventually desintegrated and we were all relieved and shocked that we actuall defeated an Uppermoon. But the light headedness came back and everything just went blurry and eventually everything became pitch black.

Mai's POV :

Its sunrise and all of us was unable to move and the demon fled when he saw the sunrise. I broke my arm, sprained my ankle and i've lost a lot of blood. I heard some people coming towards us and samone picking me up. I slowly fluttered my eyes open and i could see my father looking at me with a concerned look and crying more than he usually does. I could hear him mutter my name. My eyes suddenly felt heavy and i slowly closed my eyes again and fell asleep in my father's arms.

(Timeskip in Butterfly Estate)

Miko's POV :

I woke up in a very quiet room. I don't know how long i was out. My head still hurts from the last fight. I turn to see that Mai is already awake and who i assume to be her father sat next to her.

"Ah, Miko. Your finally awake." she said smiling at me. "How long was i out?" "Im not sure, i've also just woken up a few hours ago." she replied. "You've been out for twelve days." gyomei replied making me widen my eyes. I suppose my parents already know i defeated an Uppermoon alongside Zaky and Koto.

The door suddenly bust open to reveal none other than my parents and sister. Did my Muge passed the selection? Since i've been out for twelve days i supoose she did survive. I suddenly let out a breath of relief to know that she was okay. Muge ran towards me and asked if i was ok, if i was hungry or anything. They brought me chicken soup (my favourite :)) and water which i finished immediantly since i was so hungry and thirsty. After a bit my father spoke up after everyone left, leaving with me and my father.

"So you've defeated an Uppermoon? Hmm? That's impressive coming from sameone as low ranked and young as you." he said. I pretty much almost cried cause that's probably the nicest things he'd had ever said to me. Like what? I felt so emotional after that.

"Well i didn't exactly do it alone." i said in a low voice. He said that he knows and after that there as a moment of silence until everyone including Zaky, Shizu, Toujuro and Koto came in the room. Zaky was looking at me a bit concerned and i said i was alright directly to him. After that we were reported to tell Oyakata-sama everything that has happend in the village.

A few days after i happen to bump into Tanjiro who looked devastated. I asked on what was wrong and that he said that Toujuro's father died after an Uppermoon 3 killed him. Which ofcourse made Toujuro and his family devastated. I tried to support them and make them feel better which probably isn't helping that often.

I wondered what else will i be experiencing during these times.

To be continued...