Part 4

At the gymnasium, the boys set up a bunk for me. Well, it was more of a sleeping bag with extra blankets. Torn, worn, raggedy blankets that didn't really do much work when you were freezing on the floor in the middle of the night. But, I didn't sleep much anyway, one of the perks of being angel. Or maybe a downside, I don't really know. Not now anyway.

~

That night, I tried to sleep, but as always I couldn't. I got up and began to tiptoe around the gymnasium, pausing randomly to do a back- or frontflip, always landing lightly on the balls of my feet.

The real question is: Who should I trust? I normally follow people around like a fool. My heart always trusts people wholeheartedly, while my mind always questioned my decisions later and my mouth even later then that. It's not like I was confused of anything. I just trust.

Should I trust Gabriel, who has known me for about a month? Or should I trust the Winchesters, the ones who want to take down Lucifer? The ones who are probably lying about who they really are. But, Gabriel confirmed that these were really the Winchesters. Why doesn't he trust them? Why don't the Winchesters trust him? What kind of beef do they have? What made them begin to hate each other in the first place? Was it the TV Land thing? Or did it start before that? I wondered while I hopped up onto the balance beam.

But what about the acute feelings for not only Gabriel, but Sam? On one hand, Gabriel is a nice guy and he's really cute. But, he's too short for my taste. Sam, now he's really cute, obviously in shape and taller than me, so the kisses wouldn't be awkward. But, Gabriel had a really nice smile. Sam...mmmm. My thoughts trailed off as I looked over at the large lump that was Sam.

Sam...what about Sam? Sam, you are nice. Really nice. But Gabriel, damn. Yet again, I don't know who to trust. At least not yet...Angel, you need to scope out the market. See other people. Be okay with the fact that- I was snapped out of my thoughts by a littled rustle right by me.

"Hello Angel. It's been a long time now, hasn't it?" Another familiar voice asked, lightly accented, British.

"Crowley!" I growled.

"Angel, my dear. You are realizing too much. You do realize that don't you?" He asked. I didn't turn around. Fear gripped my heart.

"No, no I don't realize that. I'm sorry, but you aren't supposed to be around me. God's orders." I said.

"Haven't you heard? God's dead. He's been dead for a long time now." Crowley said. I straightened my back and grew my fangs out a little bit. I was a shape shifter, if you didn't pick that up already.

"I just talked to him a couple weeks ago." I replied through my teeth. My fingernails involuntarily grew into claws.

Defense mode: On. I guess. I thought to myself, turning around to face Crowley, who was holding a wooden stake. As if that would kill me.

"A lot can happen in just a few weeks, love." Crowley replied, disappearing before my eyes.

~

"Uh, are you okay?" Sam asked later the next morning. I had spent the rest if the previous night bingeing on Game of Thrones and eating candy.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, why are you asking?" I asked, cocking my head a little bit. I looked into the rearview mirror and saw Sam staring back at me, his green eyes full of concern.

"You just look really, really tired." Dean interjected, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Angels don't sleep. Haven't you learned that from your good ole friend Castiel?" I inquired, the last word coming out as if i was trying to hold back vomit. Like it was the most vile thing in the world.

"What do have against Castiel anyway? Yeah, he put you on angel probation, but other than that what has he really done to you to tick you off this much?" Dean asked, taking his eyes off the road for a split second before training his eyes back on to the road.

"H-he may have told me to stay away from Gabriel and I kind of like Gabriel. A lot. Plus, I'm part shapeshifter and Castiel wants to watch me because he thinks my temper could get the best of me and I can get out of control." I explained, looking down at my hands silently.

"You? You like Gabriel? That's priceless. You just met the jerk like a week before we did." Dean said.

"How do you know I met him about a week before I met both of you?" I asked defensively.

"Gabriel may have said something along the lines of 'You did, two weeks after we first met. I was drinking the peppermint hot chocolate and you were drinking coffee.'" Dean said and I facepalmed.

Crap, I forgot that they were there. Dammit. I thought as I looked over at Sam who was looking at me with a childish sparkle in his eyes. My stomach erupted into a panic of butterflies.

"Angel, why Gabriel?" Sam asked, the sparkle in his eyes snuffing out. I gulped and looked back down at my hands, fiddling with them.

"I don't know why. I mean he's funny and kind. He likes some of the same stuff I do, he listens to me. He's sarcastic only when he needs to be, but I need time to think about and act on my feelings for him. I've only known him for about two months."

"Okay Angel, we'll drop the subject. We get the hint." Was what the boys seemed to say when they both fell silent.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking out the window, at least attempting to. Lady's large lithe body was in the way of my veiw.

"We're heading to Columbus. The case is being handled by our good friend Bobby now. He wants us out there looking of that son of a bitch Lucifer." Dean said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What, so Lucifer wants to take a vacation in Columbus aka Ohio's capital city and possibly the worst city in Ohio. At least Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier were filmed in Cleveland. I wanted to see the shoreline." I complained.

"Maybe after we get done with killing good ole Luci we can go see it." Gabriel appeared in my lap making me slap him on the shoulder in the process.

"You have got to stop doing that." I scolded.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to do that and isn't that the second time you've done that in the couple weeks I've known you?" Gabriel asked, looking over his shoulder to stare at me jokingly.

"Maybe, but that's not the point. Why are you here?" I asked.

"I overheard your conversation, couldn't help but drop in and put in my two-cents worth." Gabriel smiled and looked out the windshield. For some reason, I got fed up with Gabriel's crap.

"Please leave. Like right now." I growled at Gabriel, who looked at me quite disgusted. Then, I just blacked out.

"What happened? You just got really, really agitated and your face turned all wolf-like. Then you kinda grew claws and slashed at Gabriel. We had to drop him off at the hospital and watch him get stitches. Obviously it was urgent because we don't visit hospitals unless we really have to." Dean asked.

"Shifter's Temper, I get it all the time. Kinda like a disease, you're either born with it or you develop it. Shifter's Temper means I can't control myself sometimes and I lose sections of my memory. I guess that's why the angel's experimented on me. I wouldn't know if it was Shifter's Temper or not." I explained.