Chapter 1: The Meeting

(You're young here, only 16 with bruno being the same age)

You were one of the most mysterious girls in the whole town, you kept to yourself, spoke softly, and always kept your face covered by a hood. No one seemed to notice you lingering by shops to purchase whatever you needed for yourself, but the town gossip was usually about you and a boy named Bruno. You always wondered who this mysterious boy might be, but the most information you got was that he was from the madrigal family tree. And that instead of a "Gift" he held a curse.

You were always fascinated by the thought of another silent figure like yourself, as everyone in the town was outgoing and friendly no matter what. When you weren't out being the talk of the town, you were out exploring the great jungle that stood on the outskirts of encanto. Using your "gift" was something to be cautious of, it always attracted too much attention. You were always most comfortable using your powers somewhere quiet and calm, and after hours of walking you finally made it to your favorite clearing. The soft grass cradled your form, and beautiful flowers sat in bloom around you giving the ground a painted appearance.

You sat up and reached for your father's guitar, you felt the smooth and intricate engravings of sugar skulls and alebrijes on the instrument as you closed your eyes. A small breeze moved the hair out of your face and you played a small tune, your eyes opened again, but instead of the usual (e/c) they were a stunning (f/c). Then a large, transparent jaguar appeared in front of you, relaxed and enjoying a midday snooze. You softly sighed,"they never stop being beautiful" you got up, setting your guitar down softly on the grass so as to not disturb the calm creature. You held out your hand in front of you as the jaguar raised its head,"hi sweetie" you cooed as you moved closer to it,"a gentle soul like yours shouldn't be here, why do you stay?" You looked at the jaguar almost solemnly, waiting for its response.

The jaguar, understanding what you said nudged toward the other side of some foliage, you looked to find a large female with three cubs resting on some warm rocks. "I see" you said quietly, you stood up in front of the poor soul placing your hand on it's head,"I'll watch over them, I promise" you smiled softly as the jaguar closed its eyes and it's soul disappeared, leaving behind a single golden butterfly with speckled black wings. It flew away and you softly sighed, going back to retrieve your guitar, your eyes returning to their original color."all of them have a reason to stay, but.."

you were quickly snapped out of your thoughts when you spotted a boy that looked your age, he wore a large green rauna and he was trying his best to hide behind the foliage and trees. you asked in your best Stern voice you could muster,"who are you and how long have you been following me?" You said as you picked up your guitar and strapped it to your back. The boy came out of the foliage, he had a terrified expression, his dark curly hair was a stark contrast to his hazel eyes, he looked thin and he stood fumbling with his hands before speaking,"Uh- I'm...bruno, bruno madrigal" he stammered before looking up towards your face

"What are you doing up here exactly?" You fixed the hood on your (f/c) rauna before responding,"I could ask you the same thing bruno, this jungle is no place for a madrigal" you said before turning to find another spot. "Er- um, hey! Wait up!" He called, running after you and walking by your side. He looked exhausted, yet somehow he had the energy to continue the pace with you, and it made you ponder,"why are you up here?" You turned to him, catching him off guard and making him nearly trip,"Oh, er- well you see uhm, I come up here to get away from everyone. N-not to say that I don't like anyone, just that you know it gets tiring being around others so much when all they want is to use my gift"

You blinked for a moment, retaining the information he gave you,"follow me"