Chapter 11: Come Back

⚠️WARNING⚠️ serious injury in this chapter! Feel free to skip if you're sensitive to wounds. this "⚠️" will be used for description of harm! Feel free to skim over it :) happy reading! ~ the Squishy doodle 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

⚠ A horrible crunch was heard as you were suddenly hung upside-down by razor wires and rope, your main tools for defense slid off of your back and fell to the ground. The pain was unbearable, you screamed despite your many attempts to silence yourself, blood trickled down your leg and stained your clothes as you struggled to free yourself from a horrible trap set for much larger prey. ⚠️

Your vision blurred yet you somehow kept yourself together, letting out low growls and hissing from the pain of moving too much, then suddenly, Bruno appeared, most likely returning at the sound of your pained cries. Your expressions changed from pained to anger, and at times a mixture of the two, with him closer you could see smaller details you didn't notice before. 

His curly dark hair was streaked with silver and his eyes (although holding panic at the moment) were softer than what you remember from that night he left. You were snapped back to reality when you heard his panicked voice call your name,"Y/n! Are you ok?! H-how do I get you down?" Time was of the essence, your vision was blurring through the overwhelming sense of pain and tears. And Bruno's panicked cries eventually faded into nothing.

~Bruno's PoV~

 I was panicking, shuffling through y/n's items with shaking hands praying that she at least had something sharp on her person. Eventually coming across her spear concealed in a layer of fallen leaves, I shoved everything out from underneath her as quickly as I could, before cutting the ropes with the spear's blade. 

Her limp body fell to the ground with a violent thump "No no no no no stay with me Y/n please!" I tore a piece of cloth from my rauna, tenderly wrapping it around her ankle to at least try and control the bleeding. The raven began calling and leading me somewhere, I grabbed her guitar and Y/n herself before following as quickly as I could, eventually being led to a small mud hut concealed by thick leaves and large trees. I ran inside and set her down on her makeshift bed, she stirred signaling that I didn't have much time left.

~Flashback~

"Come on Bruno! We're gonna be late!" 

You called from outside the Madrigals home, Chuckling once you heard panicked shuffling and scrambling from other family members as they swiftly pushed him out the door. "Well well, I didn't know that this was so important to you Bruno" you teased as he fixed his hair which was now in a bun,"w-well you said it was a special occasion! Did you lie to me y/n? I thought I could trust you!" He said with a smile as he made a slightly dramatic pose, making you giggle

"Well this IS important! Come on, the sun is about to set!" You took his hand and quickly ran for the tree line, jumping and sliding over and under the unkempt and wild branches of the jungle, seeing Bruno barely keeping up make you laugh to yourself,"soo adorable" after a while you pulled him up on to a small hill with a large grassy field at which you both stood on the edge.

"You dragged me all the way out here for grass?" He wasn't amused, you merely smiled,"oooh yeah, this is just the best grass, I just had to show you what it looked like when the sun set" you said, waving your hand over the tall stems. He just chuckled and stood next to you,"So what am I REALLY supposed to see?" He asked, looking down and studying the grass. You didn't answer for a while until it was completely dark with nothing but the moon and stars to light the environment, bathing it in a beautiful shade of blue.