Chapter 6: Separation

You Slowly opened the front door to see a very concerned Bruno,"h-hi y/n, can I come in?" He asked sheepishly with his hood hiding his face, you weakly smiled and let him inside. As soon as he entered he took off his hood, his expression quickly changed to one of concern,"Are y-you ok?" He cupped your cheeks in his hands, wiping away any remaining tears. "Yeah im..fine" you said softly, taking his hands away from your face to prevent him from feeling your skin heating up. 

"I'm so sorry about Pepa sh-she doesn't understand" he began before you put your hand up to stop him, you let out a smile,"it's ok Bruno, I promise" you paused for a moment,"why did you follow me home?" You said making a slightly sligh look, making him blush a bit.

"O-oh well y-you know I just w-wanted to make sure that y-you're ok, I care about you y-you know?" You smiled and blushed a bit,"well you certainly helped, thank you" he returned the smile,"h-hey uh, y/n?" He said while fumbling with his rauna,"c-can I...stay the night?" 

Your face was now a deep shade of red,"o-of course but why?" He looked down,"u-um, Pepa would kill me. And w-well I don't r-really have any other place t-to go" you chuckled a bit,"well make yourself at home, i'm going to grab some clothes to change in from my room, after that the bed is yours" he inhaled to protest but to put a finger to his lips,"I insist, I don't want the cat smothering you all night" you smiled before turning to retrieve your clothes.

~Bruno's PoV~

As (y/n) left, I looked around the room. The walls were decorated with beautiful paintings of landscapes and some with the bright theme of Dia de los Muertos, on the couch in a "loaf" as (y/n) would call it, was ellie, the tortoise shell tabby that had been with (y/n) since we met. 

I sat next to her and softly stroked her head, she let out a small purr in response, her eyes cracked open to reveal a stunning emerald green that seemed to glow in the dark. I softly smiled, then (y/n) re entered, this time in a nightgown instead of her dress,"the bed is all yours" she smiled as she sat next to me expecting me to leave,"come on bruno, now is your chance! Take the shot already"

"U-um…(y/n)?" I stammered, she looked up at me,"yes Bruno?" I closed my eyes "just spit it out!" "Canwesharethebed?" I said quickly before flushing a deep shade of red and burying my face in my hands.

I was startled to feel a hand on my shoulder,"Sure thing Bruno, just don't make it awkward alright?" She joked as I let out a sigh of relief.

~Y/n's PoV~

I got up from the couch, I was mentally screaming as I led him to my room, and we both climbed into bed, he took off his rauna, sandals, and his bow tie before climbing in, he almost looked like a different person without them on.

I yawned and stretched, forgetting how excused I truly was and before I could even say goodnight to Bruno, I was already fast asleep.

~No one's PoV~
~Time skip to morning~

The rise of the morning sun lit up your room in a soft warm glow, you shifted slightly, feeling an arm wrapped around your waist, and someone's forehead resting against your back. At first the odd feeling didn't hit you due to the groggy morning state, but the feeling of embarrassment and the feeling of being completely flustered hit you like a cart as you remembered the unfortunate events of last night.

You managed to gently flip on your back, his arm keeping his gentle grip on you as he set his head on the pillow beside you. He looked at peace, his features becoming soft in the lighting of the moment. You gently moved strands of dark curly hair out of his face to get a closer look, and his expression shifted a bit.

You eased him into the morning,"hhheyy Bruno" you said softly as he opened his eyes groggily,"Uh, mind moving your arm?" You blushed and giggled at his confusion before he looked down to see what you were talking about,"oh. o-oh! I'm s-so sorry, I didn't realize!" He quickly retracted his hand and blushed deeply.

You smiled,"it's ok, I actually thought it was pretty cute" you got up to leave but paused turning back to him,"oh, and uh also, let's just pretend last night's dinner never happened, yeah?" You said giving an awkward grin,"s-sure if that's what you want" he said in his usual nervous tone. You walked over to where he was sitting in bed,"any preferences for breakfast? My treat" 

He thought for a moment before answering,"arepa con queso?" You nodded,"coming right up" you said almost proudly before leaning in and kissing his cheek. He froze up entirely and you left the room quickly before he could say anything more.

After breakfast and a quick change of clothes, you and Bruno decided that it was probably best for him to go home to show that he hadn't disappeared off of the face of the earth. Unfortunately, Alma, Pepa and Julieta were already on a search party for him and when Alma found you she was not as kind as she used to be,"You! I should have known you would take Bruno away from us!" She harshly grabbed Bruno's arm and started to take him to casita.

You protested,"I-I didn't take Bruno! He chose to stay with me!" As Bruno tried reasoning with her, he was silenced. She quickly turned around catching you and Bruno off guard,"Enough! I do not want you around Bruno anymore, you are a bad influence on him!" She snapped before continuing off to casita.

You stood there defeated, anger boiled inside as you made your way home, but then It slowly melted into soft and quiet sobbs,"Will I ever see Bruno again? Was this the last time I will ever see him?" You were upset, but all you could do at the moment was sit in the silence of your home, with only Ellie as comfort.